1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need someone to do case coloring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hrosik123, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Looking for a smith who can do case coloring. Any help and recs would be appreciated. Thanks

2. skeezix

skeezix Member

Turnbull

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click my above website link, and then click at the bottom for Gleenrock Blue.

They did a case hardening for a customer of mine up in Wenatchee WA on a Perazzi Comp 1.

I had never seen such a beautfiul case hardening job like that ever in my 35 years working on Perazzis. I was hoping Tim would take a photo of it and get it to me, becasue I about fell over when I got it back from the boys at Glenrock Blue. It was the dambest most beautiful job I have ever seen. Has a grayish background with all the case hardening colors coming through.

Dumb me, I forgot to take a photo of it before I shipped the gun back to Tim.

Whiz

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Turnbull is the best in the biz.

5. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

I used Ohio Case color for a few different projects. Some of the best work you will see. That was about 10 years ago, might check and see if they are still in business. You won`t be sorry...

Sportalluring

6. rdf59

rdf59 Member

Connecticut Shotgun Mfg is a very high quality and reputable firm. They have a case hardening solution in a bottle that they sell. I know nothing about it but maybe others can add their comments on this product that would allow you to do it.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Art's has a good reputation in general and I think I've seen them doing case coloring in one of the videos on their web site. Hit the link.

-Gary

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Can alloy receivers be case colored? And will it hold up if done? Wondering about a Beretta auto receiver.

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

This thread is useless without photos...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.