1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some reviews of the Braun Pad Ajusters & more

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by more25s, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. more25s

more25s Member

I wanted to add a pad adjuster to my browning over and under, and was looking at the 100 straight, and jones made ones. While doing my google searches I found the Braun Company that makes all kinds of stock positioning products, and many add a ribs. All of their items look top notch and just as good as the other companies but for about half the price!! I am interested in the "jones" style pad adjuster they make it looks to be the strongest type as far as I can tell.

Can anyone give some reviews on the pad adjusters and if I am pleased with that I am thinking about a Add-A-Rib too so bring on the reviews on those as well, and as always **PICS** would be awesome, along with some installation tips...

One more thing while I am at it (then I am done I promise, Ha),
    What kick-eez pad do you guys recommend for trap?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

2. deadnout

deadnout Member

well ive got the jones and kick-eez on my xt trap combo, it fits and works quite well. im happy. rich

3. more25s

more25s Member

thats a bonus, any pics?

Did you install it yourself?

4. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I have the 100 Straight adjuster on my Beretta 682 and Remington 3200. Not a bit of trouble on eather gun. I have the trap pad from Kick eez on both.

5. BerettaJ

BerettaJ Member

I do not have the pad adjuster from Ray Braun, but I have purchased the Browning replacement comb hardware that he makes. All I can say is that it a top quality piece of equipment and would not have any reservations about purchasing the pad adjuster. Thinking about the pad adjuster for my Citori. John

6. Fred Neal

Fred Neal Member

The guys at Stock Positioning Systems ( Ray and Joe ) are great to work with and are just good people. I have not yet got one of their adjustable pad units but comb hardware adjustable rib and good advice is top knotch. Will never buy my accesories any where else. Fred

7. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

I have the Braun pad adjusters on three of my shotguns. They work perfectly. I prefer the type with the double eccentric adjusters as opposed to the one they call the " Jones Type". I have both types on my guns. The double eccentric adjuster will adjust further in all directions. I also have the Braun replacement comb adjuster on my Beretta and it is excellent! As said above Ray & Joe are easy to talk with and will point you in the right direction.

If you have access to a Bandsaw, a disc sander, and a pad jig, they are easy to install. If you don't most any gunsmith or stock fitter can do it for you at a reasonable cost. I use the KickEez trap pads on all of mine. You'll need the same equipment to fit them.

Bob

8. more25s

more25s Member

thanks guys, I think I am going to place a order for sure now, sounds like they are the real deal...

9. sidetrack

sidetrack Member

Will these guys be at the grand?

Jeff

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been using the Braun SPS hardware for sometime now and find it to be of superior quality.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

100 straight pad adjuster reviews

anyone installed sps browning adjustable comb hardware