Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need some input..

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  gun fitter 
#1 ·
Today i took on the responsability of running and maitaining my club. Im wondering if anyone has and efficient ways to make sure everyone is paying for practice. we use tickets right now but people are free to right their own name and check wether or not they have payed on the sheet. my worries are that people will right their name and check payed without giving payment. that being said does anyone have any idea's as to how i could increase the efficiency of this process. any input would be appreciated.

James.C

#4 ·
Read the counter on the machines each day or more often if necessary. Keep track of the targets thrown vs. those paid for. This will tell you if you are getting paid for all the targets. You should have a 1% to 2% shortage to allow for target breakage, shell malfunctions, etc. assuming that your equipment is in good repair.

If you find that you have a significant loss, you can increase the frequency of checking the meter and that might give you a good idea of whom is not paying. Bill Malcolm

#5 ·
You'll need one person as the go-to person for signing up, or at least have one person to collect money. This person will then mark the sheet paid. If there's cheating by writing paid themselves, get a hand-held paper punch (you can get several punch shapes) and punch their name on the score sheet. Keep the punch on yourself.

If you use a punch card; as we do, use the same paper punch for each. Maybe you can change up the punch shape with three different shapes.

PS-Are you concerned more during the hours you are closed? The above will work only while you are there.

#7 ·
The club I shoot at has installed Briley Token machines,the prez told me that until they installed them, they lost money every year. I like them because I can go to the club any time I want and shoot all I want, as long as I have enough tokens. The only thing they don't allow is shooting doubles unless the cub is open, because the machines can't tell if your shooting singles or doubles. John

#8 ·
James C; Put a locked box on the table or counter and a tablet there with a slit big enough to put a check or money in it.Make rule that everyone must sign the tablet and put the slip in the box before shooting. When are done they can pay or put another slip whith the number of rounds shot and pay later. Keep your trap readings offten and if you are short keep asking around the other shooter and you will soon find out who is not paying because other shooters will know who was there.If any one does not sign and put the slip in then raise hell and it will not happen again.

#9 ·
:You will be tested. Some people will steal from the club and all you can do is to keep a good eye on them or go to a token or card system. You're still going to lose some targets. Fact of life. Just remember that honest paying shooters will have to shoot about 10 practice rounds to recover the loss of one stolen practice round.

I hate thiefs.

#12 ·
Every club is unique. Most have a shrinkage or breakage of 5-10% on targets if your higher than 10% on any machine on any given day check who's shooting and you will know very quickly who you need to watch out for. I also say fine the cheaters when their caught 2 times the practice rate.

In the most extreme situation if your having real target theft you can try this sell the targets to them at signup. 27 targets for every round and make them load the houses themselves. One week of that and you will be good for a year or so.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.