1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need some help

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Tbt99$, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tbt99$

Tbt99$ TS Member

0   0   0

Hey guys im new to this site but not new to trapshooting... Been shopping around and haven't found the right gun for shooting... not planning on shooting doubles just singles and handicap ... I've been looking around at many guns in my price range (bt99s, the new skb single barrel, and many semi autos but can't decide) ... Any help would be much appreciated

2. joee12

joee12 Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ask people at the gun club if you can try their guns, after a while you will know which one fits and feels the best, Joe

3. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Joe that's the best advice you can give any new shooter. It would have saved me years of fumbling around with ill fitting guns and guns that weren't suited for trap.[try a new bt99] Bill

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A BT99 will work for most anyone

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Check the bulletin board at your local shooting range for trap guns for sale. Contact the owners and shoot as many of the guns as you can before you decide which one to buy. HMB

6. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

0   0   0

I concur with a BT99 with an Adjustable comb. The only thing the new way Browning has to adjust the comb thru a hole in the recoil pad is TERRIBLE! Also their recoil pads should not be called recoil pads they too are terrible. The pads should be taken off and thrown as far as one can. Replace it with a KicKeez pad.

7. Dave1976

Dave1976 TS Member

0   0   0

IF YOUR BUYING USED WHICH I RECOMMEND SHOOT IT FIRST. LIKE JOEE12 SAID ASK SOME PEOPLE TO TRY THERE GUNS MOST DONT MIND AT ALL AND ARE MORE THAN HELPFUL. SOMEONE MAY EVEN HAVE ONE FOR SALE THAT YOU CAN SHOOT A FEW TIMES BEFORE YOU BUY.

DAVE

8. Whitlash2U

Whitlash2U Member

0   0   0

AS a NEW shooter also I would listen to what has been mentioned here - Don't be bashful to try guns out!!! I didn't listen to what was advised on here and now I have a gun that is sitting in its original box on the shelf - wasted $1100 dollars to get started and now shooting a loner gun (BT-99) until I can save up enough to buy a BT-99 or other more shootable trap gun.

9. Tbt99$

Tbt99$ TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys greatly appreciated ... Been leaning towards a bt99 for some time now or maybe the ar version if I could find it ... Been using the sam. Mossberg 500 trap since the new complex was built at Sparta when i shot with my school team a few years back and am finally fed up with it .. though I must say I hate to retire it, it has been the only gun to give some reconciliation but its been used and abused for some time . Currently am using a bps trap but can't stand the flat rib but like the 3/4 in rib barrels . Smokin Joe- would you happen to be at the grand? I will be there shooting through the weekend and Monday till I got to go back to work. Thanks