1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some feedback on perazzi tm9x

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CROY1990, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

Looking at purchasing a new gun and I like the looks of the TM9X. Can anyone give me some feedback on how they like or dislike them? I have not had the chance to shoot one yet. I might try and shoot one at the Grand if they have demo's.

2. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

There is one for sale by mxgunner in the For Sale threads on this site. It appears to be the one used for photos in the current Perazzi catalogue. It looks even better in mxgunner's pics. Highly upgraded wood and well-priced.

3. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Croy

Fastest pointing gun on the planet period. I have one with a 35" barrel and would hate to think about how fast the 32" gun would actually point. Has a slim profile and very easy to see around for fast target location. Have appx 15,000 rounds throught it and still tight. After shooting it for a while I found it had a bit to much drop at pad to suit me. Had Keith Hegg to install one of his adjustable butt plates with a number 10 kick ease trap pad and it took care of that issue. I also put a 7 oz dead mule in the stock and 1/2 oz of lead tape in the forearm. That brought the total weight up to 9.8 lbs and it worked out great. Very little felt recoil. The gun is basically a TM1 with an adjustable rib and comb. If you like shooting the steel base promotional ammo that sticks in some chambers you will be very pleased with the extractor / ejector which will pull or kick out whatever you can get in the chamber. (If you can chamber a garbage can it will throw it out)! Only one negative comment I have is the rib has a slight vibration when the gun fires. Don't know how many rounds it will digest before it comes loose but I have a feeling it eventually will be an issue.

Hope it helps, Lewis

4. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Do you feel that it shoots and points nicer than an MX-15? I have the 15, and it shoots like a Lazer WHEN I get it mounted and do my part.....hmmmm. I handled a new TM 9 at Giacamo's and it seemed a bit light.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If I could shoot more upright I'd have the new one for sale here in the "for sale" category. It's a beauty. Very slow on doubles though.

6. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

bkt514

I wouldn't say that the TM9X will shoot any nicer than the MX15. Particularly, if you prefer a heavier gun. However, it will point faster, dang near to fast. I had to add a touch of weight in the front of my forearm to keep from whipping the barrel. If your thinking of shooting one of the TM9X's be prepaired to add some weight on both ends.

Lewis

7. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

Lewis, Thanks for your real life comments. I saw the one that mxgunner has for sale here but need to save a litte cash first. I had a TM1 years ago that I liked and shot well. Looks like I'll put this on my list. Thanks again.

8. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Croy

Forgot to mention one thing about the TM9X. Perhaps the best part. Very little if anything on the gun that if it breaks you can't fix yourself by replacing a part. Just like the old TM1 in that regard. I knew a fellow that fired 700,000 rounds through one of those old guns and it was slightly used when he started shooting it! That's actually the reason I decided to go with the TM9X when updating my old beloved Model 12. I also have to say that I completely agree with everyone above about the one MX Gunner is offering. Its as nice as they get. I just wish mine had wood just like his!

Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.