1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some advice regarding auto lease insurance

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 1, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    My mother could use some advice about an auto insurance lease problem that she has going on at the present time. Any one out their in the insurance business?

Around two months ago, my elderly mother contacted AAA auto insurance for a premium quote to lease auto insurance on a new 2013 Honda Civic 4 door LX sedan. They asked her for her birth date and than quoted her the insurance premium and she paid it over the phone that day.

My mother use to have AAA auto insurance and than broke her shoulder and was laid up and could not drive for around 6 months as she was recuperating from surgery. During that time, her 2010 Honda lease came due and she turned the car in and cancelled her AAA auto insurance as she could not drive at the time.

When she was given the ok to drive again by her doctor, my mother than leased the above 2013 Honda.

Today, AAA insurance called her and said even though she was a past customer, they put her birth date down as being born 10 years later than she actually was.

They now want to increase her insurance premium. Is their any thing that can be done seeing that they had all her past records and in good faith she got the insurance quote from two representatives that same day and paid what they quoted her?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

She should have never let it lapse at her age. thats a no no. Now your option is shop around, then cancel this policy for an almost full refund. They cannot refuse to cancel an auto policy and will owe her back un used premiums

3. senior smoke

Cuban:
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Assuming your mother is over 70, what are the premium difference they are talking about? Shouldn't be much premium changes between 60s & 70s.

5. senior smoke

Steve W:
    They want to increase it $150.00 per every 6 months, which would make the insurance premium more than all the others that she originally contacted. I just got a PM from an insurance man and he said in Wisconsin an insurance company has 45 days after you pay the premium to change the rate. It's been 54 days since she paid.
    Steve

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Depends on the mistake.

Don