1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need shell catcher for SX-1

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bill Buffalo, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Buffalo

Bill Buffalo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I would like to have a shell cathcer for my SX-1. Need to know where to get one.
    Bill

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

Birchwood Casey makes a copy (sort of) the old Peterson catcher. Works great on my super-X. Brownells sells them, as does several other supppliers. A Google search will find 'em for you.

http://www.brownells.com/1/1/34437-save-it-shell-catcher-birchwood-casey.html

Kiv

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

Midwest Gun Works also sells a shell deflector for the SX-1.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Click on the link for a T&S shell catcher. Bill Malcolm

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The TS shell catcher may not fit on your gun and you will need to modify your bolt handle to use it. The SX-1 was made in different thicknesses in the area of where the shell catchers fit on the gun. I have used them on some guns with good sucess and others not so much . either way you will have to modify your bolt handle buy taking a file to the underside so the handle will clear the shell catcher. The old TS shell catchers came with a cast bolt handle as part of the purchase. He hasn' had any handles in years.

Just have a wire put in your barrel. No bullshit to deal with, leave your bolt handle alone and it won't cause the side of your receiver to lose bluing. Jeff

6. 47bt99

47bt99 TS Member

0   0   0

Place a wide rubber band in front of the cocking lever around the receiver. This catches the empty shell and does not require modification or bluing lost on the receiver. Hopes this helps.

Bob

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A wire like Jeff said.

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I aquired from a friend some old gun parts.
    I have a TS shell catcher and a bolt handle that may be for your SX1.
    I had not heard about changing the bolt handle for these shell catchers before.
    PM or e-mail me if interested.

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I just bought one from T&S, 19.95, available ONLY from T&S. You have to modify the bolt handle to clear the device. I had a spare, did it myself, works fine.

10. planemaker

planemaker TS Member

0   0   0

"Just have a wire put in your barrel. No bullshit to deal with, leave your bolt handle alone and it won't cause the side of your receiver to lose bluing." Jeff

Can you please explain / describe this wire solution ?

Thanx

Tim.

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I bought one at the Grand sometime around the late 70s.

It was made from one piece of steel 1/8 or 3/16".

It had a rectangular opening with rounded corners and a larger opening so you could remove the spent shell. Snapped in the cocking lever slot.

Worked every time and hugged the receiver.

It was a little crude but I smoothed the edges and blued it. Sold it with the gun unfortunately.

Mentioned it in these threads sometime ago but nobody had heard of such a thing. Wouldn't be to hard to make if I had a sample.

Regards.....Gerald

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to install a wire shell catcher on a sx 1

how to make piano wire shell catcher for sx1