1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Set Back Trigger for Perazzi

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gjmen, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjmen

gjmen Member

Does anyone know where I can find a set back trigger for a Perazzi removable trigger? Who makes them? Where can I find one? Do they come in various lenghts of set back? Or is there no such thing. Thanks, gjmen

Drop XX's on email

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

They have a trigger that moves about a 1/2" called a "special". It has a different trigger guard to accomodate the stroke. Comes both selectable or not. More expensive than standard triggers.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

There once was what they called the P-4 (position 4) trigger assy. MX3 specials had them. They will fit most mx-8's..

Jim

4. gjmen

gjmen Member

I was hoping to just buy the trigger itself, and have it installed into my existing mechanism. Thanks gjmen

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

gjmen, Perazzi makes triggers like you want. They are one piece assemblies that pop in in place of your existing trigger. They only come in black (blued). You can order right and left hand triggers. The shoe part is slightly angled to the hand you choose. The trigger sits well back in the trigger guard, almost to the rear. I don't know what the part number is, but mine cost $93 for the part. I love it. If you can't source it locally, call Giacomo.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

compare $40 to $600.....

7. gjmen

gjmen Member

I think I would like to go with zzt's idea. Does anyone know the part number I would be looking for?

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

What ZZT said. The trigger is non adjustable but set back. When you fire the back of the trigger almost hits the back of the trigger guard. Giacomo has them and they are not particularly expensive.

A friend and I, after a couple of beers, decided we could do it ourselves. We got it done and it actually worked although we spend an awful lot of time searching for little springs that went in all directions.

Smash Em,

Jerry

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

gjmen, I found the little paper bag my trigger came in. It was marked 156-S. I can't guarantee that is the correct number for the part, but it's a start. Perazzi or Giacomo can tell you.

10. gjmen

gjmen Member

I spoke with Giacomo's this morning, they had no idea of any such part. They did say however, they knew what I was looking for and could modify my existing trigger to acomplish my needs. They quoted me a price of $135 to cut, weld and refinish the gold. Thanks, gjmen

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

gjmen, I ordered my part from Bud Fini after I saw one he got for another shooter. He ordered it from Perazzi in CA and installed it for me. Giacomo tuned it last year at the PA State Shoot. I'll ask Bud if they are still available when I see him next Tuesday. You could also try calling Perazzi in California and ask them. I know it is an authentic Perazzi part, and several at my club have had them installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi set back trigger

perazzi setback trigger
perazzi triggers how to put back in