1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Seitz Stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dove Commander, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I am looking for a stock that would work a high POI rib setup. Will take a forearm too if necessary. Need 15" LOP (including butt pad) or 14" w/o butt pad.

Thanks.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

DOVE COMMANDER What are we up to ? I thought the Stock -Lock was the cats butt . I know some dealers that have some wood new and used e-mail me .

KEYBEAR

3. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Joel Etchen has a stock and forearm listed on his website, says it's for a medium to high rib and has a magnetic soft touch, for $1300.

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Keybear, email sent.

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Highest POI rib they made. I shoot it one notch below the highest setting.

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Sorry..righthanded. It will be hard to match the wood, but it has some that dark vaining similiar to the one for sale on TS.Com Depends on the $

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Keybear, Since I'm on landline Snail Mail, you may get my email next week! the Stock Lock works great. I'm shooting 16's great w/ it, but the extra stock weight feels odd for handicap, like it's not balanced right and I can't shoot at my normal speed with control. Probably have to shoot it a bit longer. Looking for some wood high enough to work w/ my high rib, and hopefully match my forearm fairly well.

Life's too short to shoot w/ an Ugly Gun! I'll find out more tomorrow, ATA at williams county.

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Mike, I assumed height of the comb would be an issue since I shoot the high rib on such a high setting. Does Seitz mark their stocks for rib settings? Keybear may know ?

Keybear, you were right about the higher POI w/ the Seitz. I shoot 9" POI at 28 yards w/ the K-80 on 16's. With the Seitz, it was 13". 30% higher w/ the Seitz. The trigger is fast! I thought you were pulling my leg.

9. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Dove Commander Seitz has the number two stock on all or most of the Adjustable rib guns . That would be the same as a mib rib (#2 rib) . The reason is with an Adjustable rib the comb has to go all the way up and all the way down in order to use the Adjustable rib at diffrent settings . The number one stock can,t go high and the number 3 stock can,t go low so you use the mid stock (#2) As you know Seitz has three Adjustable ribs 1/2-5/8-7/8 at the highest point of the rib .

KEYBEAR

10. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dove Commander, just a suggestion, since you shoot 16's well with it, try this, move it to the notch that will give you your highest impact and adjust the stock for the same sight picture, if getting better, raise the stock some more, I think you are finding now that these guns have to be shot with much higher impacts than others, experiment, you'll find the "sweetspot" quickly! incinerate em!

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

bigben, I've had the gun for a week, and don't expect to find the "sweetspot" that quick for 27 yd. Right now I've raised the front of the rib up 2 notches for 16's from the highest POI setting. So I have room to lower the rib for 27 yard. I just gotta play w/ it a bit and find what works. This gun has a Stock Lock, which makes the front feel a little whippy. Gotta get use to it.

Thanks for your help Keybear and Mike

12. bigben

bigben Active Member

Dove Commander, Seitz makes a weight kit for your gun,fits in the fore end very very good looking, I have one on mine and like it on my 35 in.! as a matter of fact there was one for sale here in TS. All the best to you on your journey to excellence! incinerate em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.