1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need rib repair for Valmet 412ST

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dograpes, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dograpes

dograpes TS Member

I am looking for a gunsmith that can reattach the rib on my Valmet 412ST. The rear 9 posts are loose and need to be resoldered. Any recommendations?

2. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

just wondering, did this happen on a single or o/u bbl. mine let loose on my single on(5)posts. simmons did mine 10 plus yrs ago. looks good. many smiths out there that do good work. dennis

3. dograpes

dograpes TS Member

Valmet,

This is on an o/u that I have owned for over 20 years. I have a Keensight rib, which I love, on top of the original. I noticed a small rust spot about a month ago and this weekend it started letting loose. Good thing I had some electrical tape to hold it on until I was done!

4. dograpes

dograpes TS Member

This is probably a very old question, but does anyone know the "proper" pronunciation of VALMET? I talked to very accomplished gunsmiths on both coasts today and they each had a different way of saying it.

Steve

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Simmons was the go to people for Valmet barrels years ago.. I try them.. or Doug..

6. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

steve, i've heard some people pronounce it "valmay" as though the T is silent. and then a friend of mine in the 70's was talking to a guy from finland about shotguns and he asked my friend "YOU SHOOT Wal-met?" with his Finnish accent. i've always called it val-met -one word. don't know if thats correct or not. if you find out for sure, let me know. dennis

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of my friends called his a "vomit"!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gunsmith for valmet 412

gunsmith to work 412 valmet