1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Rem. black 16 gauge hulls...HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Utah, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utah

Utah TS Member

All set up to reload this cartridge but need hulls. These will be used for grouse hunting so I don't need 1,000s. Can anyone help? Several hundred should last me many years...Mike

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Try Precision reloading. Jeff

3. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

WalMart has new 16 ga Rem Game loads - $41.40/flat. 6, 7.5 shot sizes.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

its the 870 if it is new return to rem if older have the ejector replaced i reworked mine and it works fine now the rim on some of the new shells is not very wide and will cause the collet to hang on a mec happens on 12 20 in some of the cheaper hulls ricks1

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

i have bought at times rem 16 ga. at Dick's at a good price ....vdt

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hi Utah,

I have a good number of Federal "classic" 16 ga. plastic hulls. It would probably cost more to ship them than they are worth but if you want them we can work something out. I use to think I would set up for loading the 16 gauge someday but I really only shoot the 16 in the field so a flat of shells lasts a long time.

7. dbart1948

dbart1948 Member

Utah - I saw some "cheap" Remington .16 gauge field loads at a local Fleet Farm or Farm & Fleet in Waukesha, WI. I believe that the price was between $4.29 and $4.79 per box.

I don't have a .16 gauge, and I don't even know if these hulls can be reloaded, or if they are "throw aways."

The best of luck to you in your search!

Dave

8. Utah

Utah TS Member

I'd like to thank EVERYONE for their generosity. I now have 500 once fired brass Remington 16 gauge hulls and they should last me for many years to come. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.