1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Reloading info for WSF Ball Powder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skb trapshooter, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skb trapshooter

skb trapshooter TS Member

I am using Remington Nitro 27 Hull, Remington TGT12S Wad, Remington Primer and 7 1/2 shot 1 1/8 oz. load. How much WSF Powder should I use to obtain approximately 1235 FPS?

Thank you

2. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

why are you using wsf for a 3dram load? you would be better off using wst.try the link above for info.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

might want to try a fig8 wad also for 1 1/8oz

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When loading 12 ga, WSF looks like BLACK POWDER in the bore until you get into velocities which are illegal for ATA.

Scrap the 3 dram project.

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

If you load pistol, just shoot it up there. I've used it in .38 Super, .45 ACP, even heavy-bullet 9X19 loads. Or give it to a friend who loads pistol. Phil E

6. chrisg

chrisg Member

29.5 grs. Super Field 1 1/4oz. #6's WAAF114 yellow wad STS hull. This is an excellent Annie load. Would not waste my time making 3 dram loads with Super Field.

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Since you have Remington components and the TGT12S wad, I suggest that you pick up Hodgdon's TiteGROUP. This powder is as close as you can get to duplicating the components the Nitro 27. The Nitro 27 even uses the TGT12S wad. I would try 18.0 grs of TiteGROUP powder. If you have a chronograph you can fine tune the load to get 1235 f/s.

WSF is too slow burning for what you want.

Jason

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

"If you load pistol, just shoot it up there. I've used it in .38 Super, .45 ACP, even heavy-bullet 9X19 loads. Or give it to a friend who loads pistol. Phil E"

skb trapshooter...I load pistol and I'd like to be your friend....can I have your powder? LOL

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.