1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Registered Targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RHAT, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I am a member of ATA is there any way of shooting registered targets prior to enterning a ATA shoot, i live in the Dallas area, i moved from Calif., and most times in the days before a ATA shoot the club would allow you to come and shoot registered targets without having to enter the weekend shoot.

I was looking for something like that in TX

Any ideas,??

Rich

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

check above website,,,some clubs thro registerd targetts on weekdays,,,,you just need at least 3 shooters in the squd who are ata and want to register them,,,call your local clubs

3. mwmd

mwmd Member

I believe there is a registered shoot at ft. worth trap and skeet on 29 may 07, 300 tgts, mwmd

4. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

I always thought that the purpose behind registered targets of record was to enable classification to determine how you shoot in competition, not what you do with a couple of buddies on a "practice" trap.

Registered used to mean a competition event, or tournament with classes and awards, etc. That was what separated it from practice targets. Now it has been reduced from a minimum of 5 shooters to only 3. Guess the next step will be to reduce it to 1. That way when you pay for your "practice" targets, you can tell the club "by the way, send in these targets as registered."

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

southbend,,,you can not chose to register after the fact,,,,,and for some that work weekends its the only way to get targets before that much needed vacation week end at a big shoot,,,its a way not to have to shoot penelty class ,,,when you are a D or C shooter enjoy shooting and dont want to shoot in a class you have no chance in,,,when you get a chance at a weekend shoot,,,alltho some sandbagers have been known to abuse it,,,,AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT <<< I DONT REALY CARE,,,as for me the CITY OF NEW YORK makes me work days , nites and weekends ,,,as they see fit,,,not everyone is 9 to 5 with weekends off

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.