1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need recipe for .410 useing Win296

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Hey Guys I am putting together a 600jr for a friend that I started setting up 9 yrs ago but got out on the back burner. He had bought a couple pounds of WIN296 and well thats a lot of 410 shells I told him.
    Need a recipe for it 1/2 ounce loads.

Thanks Jerry

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Winchester AA hull, Winchester WAA41HS wad, Win 209 primer, 15.3 grains of Win 296 powder. Winchester 296 powder and Hodgdon H110 powder are the same.

Not much margin for error when loading the 410. If your using Winchester hulls use Winchester wads. If your using Remington STS hulls use Remington wads, etc. HMB

3. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

Click the link above. The .410 data starts on page 65.

Hodgdon H110 is the same powder as 296.

Remember be careful to match the hull, primer and wad to the data. Don't mix and match components, as the pressures can get out of hand quickly.

4. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

WOW

That sort of says it - TWICE - don't mess with the published data!!!!!

BTW - the load that HMB shows is the one I have used for 5 years.

HMB - - I guess I need to stay on task when I start a reply (took a few minute break) so that you don't have a chance to read my mind.

JB

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

thanks guys didnt know Win296 and H110 loaded the same.

Jerry

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jerry, The powder is the same today!!!! How old is your Win. 296 powder?? (9 years) If more than a few years old, you might want to talk to a Hodgdon tech on there website. Very easy to do, and you can get the number off there website. You can even E-mail back and forth as well. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The url above is for the Hodgdon (and IMR and Winchester) interactive reloading center. Nothing like having the latest data...

8. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Been loading Win hulls with remington wads ( the best wad hands down) and 14.5 grains 296 for 25 years and simply the best load I've ever found. Phil S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.