1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Primer Information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claykiller, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claykiller

claykiller Member

I normally use Cheddite primers mainly because of their price. Just recently I've notice that the price of them has gone up quite a bit, in fact some places are now selling them for the same price as Winchesters. Maybe not new to the market but a brand by the name of American Target seem to be taking Cheddite's place as the low cost primer. Does anybody know anything about them, such as dimensions, load data, and what main stream brand they compare to.

Thanks in advance

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I believe they are Cheddite primers made in France, for Crow Shooting Supply. Do a search on here, About a year ago some people were talking about them.

Wayne

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Profit is King right now.

4. revbook

revbook Member

Still get them locally for $26.00 / 1000

Don in PA

5. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Mike Graf of Graf Reloading told me that the American Target line of shells and primers were made for Crow Shooting Supply. Crow and Brownell's got together (maybe a merge or buyout) and they no longer wanted the American Target line so they were discountinued. The primers are supposed to be made by Cheddite. I have loaded at least 5000 of them and probably 20,000 Cheddites and they both work fine. I would buy either one. Mike was selling the American Target primers for about $99 for 5000 at the Grand last year. I am sure they went up though.

6. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

You can still get AT primers from Crow's for less than $100.00/5K

7. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Primer sizes

doublesxpert_2008_030332.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.