1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED PRICE ON GUN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garsticker, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garsticker

garsticker TS Member

I have an 870 competition...it is a single shot pump action trapgun with some sort of gas recoil reduction system for you that need clarification..I have a guy that wants it but I cannot find anything on them anywhere so I would put it to the experts about what one would roughly cost.
    Thanks

2. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

About $500-600 Parts are hard to come by for that model.

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

There are several available here on the West Coast in the $450-500 range. Price will depend on how nice it is. Duckman is being kind in his post regarding the availability of parts. 870 Comp. parts are almost impossible to find anywhere! That fact is what holds the selling price down. If parts were readily available for the gas system, and the receivers weren't so prone to cracking, it would easily bring $750.00 or more. They were great trap guns and had fantastic barrels. I have owned 4 of them over the years and just got tired of trying to find parts.... Just my experience.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I sold one over a year ago for 300.00 but it was worth probably 400.00 but I had already promised I would sell it to someone for whatever the guy I sold it for wanted so I done as I said.

really I would have gave him 300.00 for it myself but im not the type to ho-do a friend I did tell him if he didn't want it then I did.

It also had a piggy back rib on it and was in real nice shape but the peice thet ejects the hull out had broke off a little so it wouldn't chunk the hull out on the ground.

It seems back when they was new they sold less than 400.00 maybe 375.00 I had 2 of them I had won before in the 80's and sold them new in the box for 300.00

Foghorn220

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

maclellan1911:

Interesting was the stock original on the 870 comp because I never heard of a Monte carlo stock on one before and I had seen a lot of them.

Foghorn220

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I usually see them go for from 450 to 600 bucks. As was mentioned, above trying to find parts CAN be challenging. They are solid shooters and really soft shooting guns. There were some problems with receiver cracks on the earlier models. Foggy, I've seen both M/C and straight stocks and apperantely, they did come with either type. The stocks and forends were bought up by "Gun Parts" corp. out of New York. The stock is interchangeable with a regular 870, but the forends are hollowed out for the gas system tube. It is my understanding that Remington sold off their spare parts after they quit making the gun. That might explain the scarcity of spare parts. All in all they are good gun for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.