1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need price on 410 & 28 ga once fired hulls

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by yvonne, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A good friend of mine passed away and I'm trying to sell off his reloading supplies for the widow. He has alot of 410 and 28 ga AA and Rem STS hulls. Most once fired, some twice fired. What should I ask for them? Naturally, I'd like to sell them locally, unless someone is willing to pay shipping on top of the price. He's got alot of wads also in 410 and 28 ga, if anyone is interested. I'm NOT going to give them away, the widow needs the money.

2. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

You have a PM

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Are the once fired hulls separated from those that aren't? If not, that's your first step. Its tough to sell anything but once fired hulls, and if you can, expect 1/2 to 1/3 the price of once fired, provided they're still in good shape. Almost no one will want to buy a mixed bag not knowing how many once fired hulls they're getting.

Are the AAs compression formed or HS?

15-18c is a good bet for the AA, 12-14c is a good bet for the STS (edited, originally said .410s which was an error)

If you have any AAHS 28s (<15c including shipping), or Rem STS 410s (<12c including shipping), I'd be interested. I'd also be interested in wads for same.

4. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

If there are any 3" .410 wads,I am willing to pay a very good premium. Remington listed these as SP4103-W23670 on the bag.

5. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

yvonne, from my experience, 15 cents is too cheap. When you see them at that price they disappear almost instantly and that price does not include shipping. I am talking about the Win AA Compression formed or HS hulls in 28 or 410 and that is for once fired. A good price is 17 or 18 cents plus shipping. At 20 cents you will sit on them longer. Remington hulls don't last near as long but they still have their fans and will sell closer to 15 cents plus shipping. Good luck

6. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Customstox- If you can find me a buyer of STS 28s and 410s @ 15c ea plus shipping, let me know, I can buy them by the thousands from my friend for 12c ea, I'll buy them from her and sell them to your buyer... Last couple times I put them up on gunbroker they sat for a while @ 14c/ea plus shipping, they eventually sold, but I was in no hurry to get rid of them.

Heck, if you can find someone to buy AAHS28s @ 18c/ea plus shipping, I have about a thousand (my own personal stash) that I'll liquidate.

Plenty are asking 18-20c+ for the AA 28s and 410s, CF and HS, but look and see what's actually selling at those prices, not many.

I buy the AAHS28s whenever I can find them for 14-15c INCLUDING shipping, which is my personal limit on what I'm willing to pay (and sticking to that has allowed me to accumulate an adequate supply), any more than that and I'll just buy factories and sell the hulls (something which I'm strongly considering doing this year.

I can buy as many flats of AA 28s and 410s as I can handle for 90 bucks a flat, less $37.50 for the hulls (@ 15c ea), less $20 for the rebate (which should be coming back in April if I remember what I read online correctly), and I'm shooting factories for $32.50/flat (which is about what it costs for just the components to reload them, NOT including the cost of the hull).

7. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

Ian, they sell on this site and on SW for that all the time. Two or three years ago they used to sell for 15 cents plus shipping but not anymore. She was asking for a fair price for a widow and I gave her my opinion. Seems you were asking to buy them for under 15 shipped.

8. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I was saying if she'd be willing to sell the AA 28s (if they are in fact HS) @ under 15c ea, I'd be interested. And as I said, I can buy all the STS 28s and 410s I can handle @ 12c from a local friend, so it obviously doesn't make any sense for me to pay any more than that for the STS 410s.

I wasn't asking to buy them for that price, nor was I trying to pressure her into selling for that price.

I simply stated if that was in the price range that she'd be willing to accept, I'd be interested. If she wants to hold out for more, fine. If she wants a guaranteed quick sale, I'm here.

A quick look on past gunbroker auctions shows that the average SALE price is around 15-16c ea (for AAHS). But keep in mind, gunbroker is going to take a little of that for fees as well. There were a few that went higher (one auction sold 28s for 23c/ea and one sold 410s for 24c/ea, which is CRAZY), but that looked to be the exception rather than the rule.

9. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

BTW, the last ones I bought were on SGW last week (AAHS28s). I paid 12c ea plus shipping (ended up being 16c/ea w/ shipping, a little more than I'd typically spend, but there were all the long hulls w/ none of the shorts mixed in), and the hulls sat on there for 4 days before they were purchased by me (I bought the longs and I presume someone else bought the other 350 shorts the guy had).

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Always a few cheapsters on every site that show up regularly.Jeff

11. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I'll look in the boxes today and see what I have. Thanks for the info ~ I appreciate it!

12. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Another FYI, there's still some AAHS28s on SGW for 15c plus shipping that have been available for over 2 weeks.

Jeff- You're probably still upset from back when I called you out on your statement that the ribs on the Rem 410s were performance enhancing...

13. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Skeet Man: Where can I purchase 28's and .410's at $90/flat? Love to buy some at that price with the $20 rebate. Thanks a lot ---- Rich

14. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Beikirchs in East Rochester, NY. $90/flat. Highly doubt they'd ship though (and it wouldn't be economical if they would). The rebate isn't currently going on, but should be back up in a couple months, before shooting season.

15. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Skeet Man: Thanks. I'm in Syracuse so if a rebate hits, it might be worth the drive! Glad I asked -------- Rich

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

Sman you are delusional never said any such thing ,get back on your soapbox and tell everyone what everything is worth LOL. Jeff

17. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Subject: Loading 2 1/2 inch 410 which powder do you like

Email:

Date: Mon, Mar 14, 2011 - 07:23 PM ET

Website Address:

Only : "H110/296 (same powder, different sticker on the bottle) is the ONLY powder to consider in the .410 if you value top performance and long hull life. No other powder comes close in either category. " Sorry but thats to strong a statement for me. Just going by what the Remington reps told me about the primers,Same as why the .410 is the only target hull still ribbed.Its all about performance. Have you ever tried 2400 ? Jeff

Yvonne asked for opinions on what her items were worth, and I gave mine. So far you've contributed nothing relevant to this thread...

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I recently purchased two thousand each 410HS and 28ga HS hulls for twelve cents each plus shipping. Jeff, when the seller sets the price it's not being cheap, like you with your remarks. I also bought two thousand Red AA 12 ga hulls on here for two cents each plus shipping at $19.00 a thousand. That's not being cheap, it's being smart. Jackie B.

19. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

0   0   0

I have got great deals on emptys a lot of times. So what ? The thing is that Yvonne is trying to help a friend out.What things are worth is what someone is willing to pay. Now that Ebay is back allowing this stuff that is where the money is. Jeff

20. skeet_man

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

No one is going to pay extra because Yvonne is selling them for a friend.

I completely agree that things are worth what someone is willing to pay. I listed what I was willing to pay, nothing more, if she can get a better deal, thats fine. If she can't, then I'm here waiting in the wings.

Ebay is allowing gun parts again, but still no hulls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how much are once fired sts hulls worth
how to sell once fired aa hulls
price for once fired 410 hulls

who has 410 aa once fired hulls the cheapest