1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Powder Identification Expert--- Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Protector, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protector

Protector TS Member

Help me identify these three.. the first two were labeled Bullseye ?? Shiny black flake,larger than 7625.. 2nd - smaller flake,shiny, half gold color- half black.. 3rd,black with a few brown and a yellow tag..

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Are you serious? HMB

3. Protector

Protector TS Member

Cotton picken right I`m serious .,., Look at any powder under magnification and there is a definite difference between them .

I`m sure some one has done this .

4. Protector

Protector TS Member

Cotton picken right I`m serious .,., Look at any powder under magnification and there is a definite difference between them .

I`m sure some one has done this .

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Even if you were able to post pics, identification would be IFFY at best, unless its an obvious powder like Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, ect. If you or someone else guesses wrong, your asking for trouble. Assuming you got the powder for free, i'd dump it and start fresh, your gun and everyones safety is not worth trying to save a few bucks.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trying to identify the powder might be fun but loading the powder would be foolish. OEM versions of Red Dot and Green Dot are supplied to manufacturers without the colored dots.

Pat Ireland

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I have a half full steel can of red dot thats been sitting in my basement since the 60's. A few years ago I checked it and the red dots are almost faded out. I suspect in another 10 years you would not be able to tell what kind of powder it would be. "When in doubt throw it out".

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Don't throw it out. Use it in the garden as fertilizer. Tomato plants really like Red Dot. And peppers like Green Dot. HMB

9. Protector

Protector TS Member

thankx guys ., I have some stumps that need a little attn.,,

I`l mix them all -- with alittle black to enhance them ., in the back 40ty or 90ty hope the neighbors wont be disturbed .,.
    cheap stump uprootin .,

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

A hole drilled into a stump, a long fuse and a bit of epoxy could make an interesting load. A bag of fertilizer, some diesel fuel and 10 minutes on the Internet under the "how to make a bomb" section could cause a problem for both the stump and the stump remover.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blue dot powder identification

red dot powder identification