1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED Perazzi Top Lever for TM1

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by whiz white, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Have a customer's TM1 in the shop getting some work done and it needs a new TM1 Top Lever.

I can weld on his, but his gun is damned near brand new looking, so if someon had a new lever they wish to divest themselves of, I'd be interested.

Email (above) or call: 605-341-4412

Jim "Whiz" White

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Whiz.. Dan has new factory TM top levers..

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

Is the one you need the small diameter or the larger diameter? I bought the smaller diameter one a few years back and have not needed it yet. Ray

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Whiz,

I can rebuild the actuator at the bottom of the top lever for $150. There will be no welding. The insert is made of 4140 tool steel. I give a life-time warranty to the original owner.

The light colored top lever is the repaired top lever. It was nickeled plated prior to the repair and did not need to be replated.

gundr_2008_0303.jpg

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Doug.. That's beautiful work..

6. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Doug: I know - we spoke and the lever is on its way to you. I want another for a spare.

I guess I don't know the diameter... never measured one.

PBB: How does Dan have these, Perazzi USA doesn't even have them?

Whiz

7. BL350

BL350 TS Member

0   0   0

Dear Whiz & other TM-1 owners,
    Their are early and late top levers. I never had an early one in my hands to compare the differences. Doug (Gun Doctor) is the man for repairing the top levers. His workmanship & skills are legendary..... Dan @ Giacomos has new late top levers.....sometimes....Best thing to do is call to get on the waiting list for TM-1 parts and bring your banker too! The parts are now worth more then a used gun!....Respectfully submitted......Jet Boat Bill....120 K thru my TM-1 and still going strong.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Whiz..Giacomo.. and now Dan.. has the exclusive rights to the TM series of parts..made by Perazzi.. and of course Perazzi USA has access to them.. The parts are run every so many years.. and then there is a dry spell.. Lucky for some.. many of the TM-9 parts interchange.. which will help a little.. but not all of the parts are interchangable.. Luccio was showing me the old and new parts side by side.. Some are very close.. some are different..

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Just curious. How much is a new one? How much does Doug get to repair one?

Ed Yanchok

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A new one will be over $300 fitted. I charge $150 for the repair.

Doug

11. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If I break one, I know who to call. Your picture tells it all.

Ed Yanchok

12. fillic

fillic Member

0   0   0

Someone has said to me that there is only but one diameter of a TM1 top lever. How many levers are there for the TM1?
    Phil

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

fillic,

There are two distinctly different diameter TM1 top levers as referenced above. The early Ithaca TM1 lever is very difficult to find. You will most likely have to try to find a used lever out of a parts gun or have yours repaired. Doug Braker does excellent work and his offer of a lifetime warranty is very generous...probably your best alternative. I suggest sending your receiver to Doug for a complete inspection and repair...if your lever broke, you probably have other issues that need to be addressed.

If you insist on purchasing a NEW lever be prepared to pay dearly for one. I recall seeing a thread not too long ago posted by Jim "Whiz" White, offering
    a few brand new levers for something like $275. I'm not sure which size you need, but Jim will be more than happy to insure you get the right part.

There is a noticeable difference in diameter of the two variations. I'll try to post pictures of the two side by side by this weekend. Either way, installation should be done by a qualified gun smith.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'd do the repair.

15. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just spoke long distance with my foreign contact a few minutes ago. He informed me that there were in fact two distinct lever diameters.

He told me he thought he had two of the larger ones, and probably the only two know to be in existence. He wanted $500 for each one. I didn't persue either.

I think if the lever breaks at the pin, then have Doug Braker (Doug's Gun Shop) do the repair for $150. He's done one for me and did a great job! It may get to the point, however, that if your lever breaks higher up, it may not be repairable.

Whiz

16. fillic

fillic Member

0   0   0

SmokinJoe, thats the last person I'll contact for the lever. This guy Whizz unloaded me the lever off his eBay and won't take it back or maybe only with a re-stocking fee that he'll decide appropiate. I also told him at least change the auction to make other potential buyers aware of yje differences. Here is what he says about the TM1 lever and won't except returns eventhough he clearly did not mention the different sizes. At the time I thought a Tm1 lever is a TM1 lever.

Is this how people do business on this site????????????

"Dear fillic,
    There is only one size that I?ve even known. All the ones I?ve ever had in my shop are all the same size. Try giving Giacomo a call. Has someone worked on your gun and possibly installed a different size, because these are absolutely non-existent any longer. Even Perazzi USA is unaware of a different size, so you may be out of luck. Maybe you should have miced yours and emailed me to mic the ones that I have.
    Mic the diameter of your broken one and get back to me. My auction shows that I don?t accept returns, but I will attempt to get one the correct size, IF they are available.

Jim White "

17. fillic

fillic Member

0   0   0

Barry,

How much to you charge for the repair? I'll use the one whizzer sold me as paper weight or have it fitted to my toilet flush
    Phil

18. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

0   0   0

I have new ones....but not aware of different sizes...in fact i have every part to rebuild a TM1...all Perazzi stuff...never been fitted...hammers..firing pins..springs...locking blocks..ejector..about 3 years ago I bought everything Lee Meadows had...

let me know if interested...

dave

19. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

fillic,

Jim is a good and reputable business man and has served this community as a excellent source for Perazzi parts for many years. I'm sure there must be some misunderstanding that can be resolved amicably. It looks as though Jim is trying to resolve the issue on your behalf and I suggest you afford him the opportunity to do so prior to airing the problem in a deragotory manner. Give him a call.

20. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

There are two sizes, and most are not aware of it, until you run into one. I know someone with a new large one and he offered it two me awhile ago and I passed on it...being afraid of what he wanted for it. If he still has it I'll buy it.

Fillic,

I'd be interested in yours if the price is right, and if it's the larger one. You can PM me if you wish. I could also repair your old one on a trade for the large one.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi parts yop lever

perazzi tm1 top lever spring instalation