1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Perazzi help-$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcr1146, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

What can you Perazzi gurus tell me about the Grand American 88?! In this case it is a combo and I will factor in condition etc! It seems to have drop out trigger, adj length of pull trigger etc. Help me out with whether the frame is the good one, approx value if 90%, how much to rebuild as the lever is in center position. Thanks , Tom Rhoads

2. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom, the GA 88 was a very nice gun. They were set up on the original MX8 frame with MX3 barrels. The ribs on the Mx3 barrels were a little higher than the regular MX8 barrels. Plus, you had the seperated barrels on the O/U. The trigger is selectable with adj. LOP, called the P4 trigger. It is not that expensive to replace or rebuild the locking lug. Call Giacomo in New York and he can give a cost on any repairs you need done to the gun. Hope this helps, Roy

3. ramorton

Tom, the GA 88 was a very nice gun. They were set up on the original MX8 frame with MX3 barrels. The ribs on the Mx3 barrels were a little higher than the regular MX8 barrels. Plus, you had the seperated barrels on the O/U. The trigger is selectable with adj. LOP, called the P4 trigger. It is not that expensive to replace or rebuild the locking lug. Call Giacomo in New York and he can give a cost on any repairs you need done to the gun. Hope this helps, Roy

4. tcr1146

Roy,
    Any idea why an older Blue Book I have shows 100 % guns $1900 less for the 88 vs the DB 81?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

5. ramorton

Tom, the DB81 cost more because of the extra labor required on the higher ribs. Plus, the DB81 doubles gun had side ribs which took extra labor. If they had MX3 barrels made up, all they had to do was fit them to the 88 receiver since it was MX8 style. I am speaking of the MX3 Special type mono block, not the original MX3 rounded receiver, which took a completely different locking system. If you need Giacomo's phone number, call me at 361-649-7661 or e-mail me. Hope this helps, he can also give you a correct estimate of what the gun is app. worth. Hope this helps, Roy

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Lisa2, I'm sure they meant 'MX-3spl' when referencing the mx3/mx8 receivers.

Jim

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What Big Bore said. Additionally this vintage gun probably doesn't need a rebuild if the top lever is even a tiny bit to the right of middle or if the gun is loose at the breech or you can see any light between the back of the breech and the front of the frame, when closed. Rarely were the older O/U Perazzis set very "right of center" like they do them currently.

8. tcr1146

Thanks to all! Now, ballpark value which would be fair to buyer/seller if pretty good shape other than major blue wear on receiver and trigger guard?! Thanks again for all info above! Tom Rhoads

9. philip austin

philip austin TS Member

Hello to you all over on the other side of big pond. I am reading all your comments on the Perazzi questions. Would anyone have an answer to the following :- Bought a MX8 the other day, 29.5" barrels, Perazzi factory threaded muzzle for choke tubes, broad parallel 11mm ventilated flat rib,(krieghoff style):- ribless barrels between the barrels, barrel weight of 1.580kg, AZ proof date of 1994 Serial number is in the 589XX. Would you say that this is a ? :- MX8B or a MX8L or a MX8C or do I perm any of the B,L & C and call it a MX8BLC. Thank you all. Philip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.