1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Perazzi barrel measurement MX-8

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PerazziBigBore, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I need the measurement of a Perazzi barrel.. the stub that fits into the mono-block on a O/U MX series.. what is the diameter?? if anyone has a barrel out of a mono-block.. this number would be appreciated.. Thanks Mike

2. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I believe those are the full length of the monoblock with the case rim cut into the end of it. Certainly be the easiest and strongest way to make it. Any other way would require some way difficult machining on a production basis.

JMO of course

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I bet you found that helpful Mike!! Tom Rhoads

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

No.. they don't run the full legth of the mono-block.. there is a seat left in the block when machining for it to rest on..so when you cut the barrels.. you don't need to recut the ejector slot.. There is a shoulder on the stub too.. I need the diameter of the barrel stub.. All Good.. Mike

5. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Well, if I had to do it, I'd way rather re-cut an ejector slot in the breech face, which could be done by a knowledgeable file in about a minute, than have to butt two shoulders simultaneously.

But that's just me.

And the expense of completely dismantling and reassembling a barrel/monblock, ribs, hangers, regulating, bluing, etc, particularly an O/U, would easily make the acquisition a replacement bbl the obvious path for me. And give someone else the opportunity to engage in a project requiring some real commitment.

But that's just me, too

Charlie

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Charlie.. the factory leaves the seat in the mono-block.. Personally.. I wish they threaded the darn thing.. It would never pull out.. and you would not need to heat the barrels to secure them.. Dennis DeVault was wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of his time using adheasives to hold everything together.. rather than solder the barrels in... All Good.. Mike

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Charlie.. the factory leaves the seat in the mono-block.. Personally.. I wish they threaded the darn thing.. It would never pull out.. and you would not need to heat the barrels to secure them.. Dennis DeVault was wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of his time using adheasives to hold everything together.. rather than solder the barrels in... All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.