1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Parts for Remington 4100 auto trap thrower in

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bt 99, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

0   0   0

Need info on where near Idaho that one could odtain small parts, electric switches, ect for an older Remington 4100 auto trap.

Does any one know where it could be sent to be rebuilt????

Oh yes i went to the meeting now look what i gotta do. Thanks Steve

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

0   0   0

You could try QRP. They're not exactly near you, but they most likely have the parts that you're looking for. My club has/had two 4100's that I and another were put in charge of keeping up and getting parts for. Good luck. Josh

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

The 4100 is unique in that it has many common industrial parts, like the micro switches and the 3 clutches. I used to get springs for the turret clutch from Wisconsin Bearing in our town.

The spring from a Winchester hand set or single stack skeet machine is very similar, have seen them used.

W.W. Grainger has the motors and gear boxes.

The mil spec cord connectors will give you a heart attack when you see the price.

I'm shooting later today, will inquire if there is anything left in the shop. We are on our second set of Pats, but had 7 4100's at one time.

HM

4. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks all for the info. I checked QRP and the parts are avaliable, but i see they are not cheap.

Halfmile---That would be great if some parts are avaliable. need mostly switches and the thing a migics, shock absores that go on the (u joints) on the shaft that throws the targets. Will look up the parts names and numbers this evening.

Work day at our club today, shoot tomorrow. Thanks Steve

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Don't chintz on parts... the 4100s are generally simple machines, but they do require replacement parts... watch the rubbers up top and don't overload the machines with targets.

Watch the arm rubber and observe the front end of the aluminum casting where the tensioner sits... watch for wear...

regards,

Jay

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The turret clutch used to be a headache..and to lube it required taking the top plate off until I used a hole saw and cut a 1" hole in the back of the target hopper frame in line with the clutch. Used a Mec bottle plug in the hole except when forced to lube the clutch. Use ATF oil and you won't have to do it too often. That and the micro switch on the center shaft (totally unprotected) until I built a cover to keep broken target pieces from hitting it. Actually a very dependable machine if you keep it clean & clutches oiled.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 4100 trap machine repair companies

remington 4100 trap machine repair companies in pennsylvania

remington 4100 trap motor