1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need parts for 1100 trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stainlessbt99, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

I need an extractor and a link( the link is the y job that goes in the receiver) for a 1100 trap. Can be used. Need for back up.
    Thanks

2. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Look at the magazine or check on line with Shotgun Sports. They have a handy kit to carry with you. Be careful, the extractor(ejector?) does NOT fit the Classic 1100.
    JJJ

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Remington Direct still has all the parts in-stock. If you go to Remington.com
    find the parts section, you can fax the order to them. Pretty easy to do. Dave T.

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

A word of advice on 1100 extractors.

When ordering parts from Remington, make sure you check your gun to see if it's the "old" style (pre 11-87 era) or the "new" style (post 11-87 to current production) era.

The OLD 1100s use the 870 extractor

The NEW 1100s use the 11-87 extractor

The 11-87 extractor is wider (thicker) and will NOT fit in the bolt recess or barrel recess of an older 1100.

If you do not specify, they will ship you the 11-87 extractor by default because that is what the new 1100s use.

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I would recommend calling them directly at 1-800-243-9700 and make sure the order clerk understands and confirms it with you. In my many years of dealing with them, I have found some are knowledgeable and some are not.

Also, if/when you are ordering pistons/piston seals - you CAN get the "old" style again (meaning, the old fashioned two piece set) These fit and function better on older 1100s when using light loads and yes, they DO have them, I've ordered some just a few months ago, but you MUST specify and you don't always get a knowledgeable rep on the phone. Don't let them tell you they "don't have them" , they do and in fact, I have a letter signed by Tommy Milner from a few years ago clearly stating they've acknowledged the need for the old style parts and they are making them. Again, they will ship you the new style by default if you fail to specify

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I found they had some serious QC problems with their rings some years past (powdered iron?). I've heard current production is better. I don't know if that's true because I just gave up and orderd a set of the stainless steel rings from Brownells. They have worked great. Very glad I have them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.