1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need opinion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by max nimrick, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

im a high school student and i shoot on a trap team through the school. they dont know if i can compete because i shoot in ata shoots and won money. my question is can i loose my amature shooting status an the ata. i was wondering because ithe first word in ata is amature. would please like comments

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It is a good question and the answer is no problem. You haven't effected your standing in the ATA by winning a bit of money in shooting events. If that were the case, just about none of us would be able to compete in ATA events.

The actual lines between amature and professional are pretty blurred.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The name is "Amateur Trapshooting Association" ... so what is the question?

Where do they see the word professional?

4. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

If the question is ,Can I shoot for my HS team if I shoot in the ATA the answer is yes. If the question is can I shoot ATA if I shoot on a HS team the answer is yes. So have fun and shoot lots of targets.

5. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

thanks guys

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If you send your winnings to Kitty care of Tron or to Barrel Bulge you amature status. You have no issue because you lost a bit of money as far as the ATA goes but what about the high school standing , is it a state sacntioned sport?

7. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

i think it is sacntioned by yhe school and dnr but there is state shoots at hs level

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Max- It depends on the regulations of the sponsoring body. I know that the NCAA is very strict concerning a College athlete winning money in a sports event that they are competing in at the college level. I suggest that you stress the amount of money you have won against your expenses winning the money. These expenses would include entry fees, shells, travel (53 cents per mile), prorated cost of your gun, shooting bag, reloading machine and other accessories (7 year). If you have a separate reloading room that is 150 square feet and your home is 1500 square feet, you can count 10% all expenses related to your home (insurance, utilities) plus 1/26th of the cost of your home per year. I bet you did not make a profit.

Pat Ireland

9. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

well in 3 years of shooting ata i dont thuink ive made $500 thats a lot less than i payed for my gun
    so you are right i bet i will never break even

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Max, trapshooting is fine, but you shouldn't cut your English class, when they teach proper puctuation and capitalization

11. mjsweims

mjsweims Member

Eurojoe,
    I can't agree with you more, but it is spelled "punctuation".
    Jack

12. max nimrick

max nimrick TS Member

well im sory im a shooter not an english class nut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.