1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Need O ring for 1100 20 gauge standard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bubbaw, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

I recently bought a standard sized Remington 1100 20 gauge and I would like to find a couple extra O rings. Are they the same as the 12 gauge, and where might I find a few? Thanks. William
  2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Active Member

bubbaw:

overboard is correct. Your standard weight 20 gauge 1100 is built on a 12 gauge frame. You need the 12 ga "O" ring.

You can buy OEM parts but you can save a bunch of money by using Viton "O" rings. PTFE (Teflon) “O” rings will also work.

12 gauge #21 Viton “O” ring

20 gauge #19 viton “O” ring

They are available pretty much anywhere plumbing repair parts are sold.

sissy

NOTE: Viton is a brand of synthetic rubber and fluoropolymer elastomer commonly used in O-rings and other molded or extruded goods. The name is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Elastomers L.L.C.
  3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I go to my local hardware store for these. The #21 size is what you want. Not only will you save money buying the rings this way, you will have a local source that you know works. OEM parts are fine but they aren't anything special - they wear out just like any of the others.
  4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Local hardware store, 3 for a dollar. HMB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.