1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need more comb offset

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Need about 1/8 to 1/4 more offset on comb so beads line up. Any suggestions. Current off set is maxed out.

2. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I had a soft touch years ago and it would not go side to side and at grand years ago mo gave me some studs that replaced the original ones with offset built in. I will go out to barn later and see if I can put my hands on them. jim w

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Earl,

Chris Vendel at CRV Custom Arms makes some offset comb studs that work really well. That's probably a better alternative to replacing or altering your comb. His numbers are: 585)730-8166 (shop) or 585)330-8161 (cell) or crvcustomarms@yahoo.com. Good luck & happy holidays.

Jon Reitz

4. smsnyder

Jon, I will call him. I noticed that many shooters have the same problem. Moving the comb far to the right gives you that Sharp edge in the stock comb area. Thanks all.

5. smsnyder

When shooting do you guys put your face/cheek on top of comb or on side of comb?

6. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I actually made a concave comb, so fat cheek lays just perfect for every shot.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

sm. hook your face/eye bone into the comb. Leo, Harlan, and Phil do. Few shooters can merely put the side of their cheek on the comb and shoot. It does not stay put.
    mia_2008_0303218.jpg

8. smsnyder

Thanks

9. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Offset studs. That will get ya there.

10. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

I used to have the same problem. Finally put my 'Buddy Hackett' type face on a diet by exercising only my face muscles an hour a day. After about 2 weeks or so, my eyes were much closer to the comb. Scares the piss out of the dog when I'm doing the face exercises though, and don't even think about doing it around the cat.............

Dick Gries

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

smsnyder- I do not put my face/cheek to either the side or the top of the comb. I bring the gun up to my cheek. I do not bring my cheek down to the gun. When I do that the bone (actually processes of two different bones) that form a bump under your eye ends up on top of the comb.

Next, I have to figure out how to keep my cheek in place when I shoot.

Pat Ireland

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Have a plate milled that bolts onto your existing hardware that has post slots which are milled further over.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Pat I offered to loan you my string, ball cap and fish hook but no, you said you'd figger it out yerself!! So much for yer figgerin I guess? :)

Good idea Tron!!

Hap

14. Tron

Thanks Hap. There's some pictures of one on a Krieghoff under the "samples" section of my website.

Jb

15. smsnyder

Tron a replacement plate with longer slider slots won't work alone on a Blaser. The slider on the bottom hits the wood at the end. Wood would have to be milled out a little at the end were the slider stops . A new offset post that can get me a 1/4 inch move to the right would be easier. Can you do that?

16. Tron

SM, it will work and I'm Tron, so I can do anything. It simply bolts to your existing hardware. It has it's own posts, which are the same diameter as the existing ones. Not brain surgery. The only thing is that the plate is 1/4" thick, so if that effects drop at comb, then another solution is in order. A custom piece with offset bushing can sometimes work as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.