1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Model Perazzi Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gjmen, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjmen

gjmen Member

I have a MX2000 with a factory silver reciever and upgraded wood. A MX15 with the silver reciever is a MX15L. So does this make my MX2000 a MX2000L? I dont ever see these anywhere, is it rare? The SN is in the 121xxx range. I am guessing it was mfg. around 2000-01. Any input would be great. Thanks, gjmen

2. Clayboy13

Clayboy13 TS Member

Men,
    That gun is either an MX2000 or Mx2000S(no drop out triggers). Don't be too impressed with that bright finish on the receiver, as it is probably clear coat over polished steel(no fancy finish).

Great gun though,
    Jim

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

L stands for "Lusso" or Luxury grade.

4. 3200

3200 TS Member

Is there a reference or source for this type of information? I, myself am contemplating a P-gun purchase, Mirage, MX-8, Comp 1, but I would like to have some idea of what I'm getting into with regards to barrel, forearm, stock, trigger, etc., interchangeability.

I've gleaned TS.com and got a lot of info in bits and pieces from various posts, however there are still questions to be answers such as the above. What about interchange between Type-3 and Type-4? Interchanges between drop-out and non-drop-out trigger models?

Again the info I've gathered so far has been enormously helpful. I need just a little more to complete the picture, as do others.

Thanks

5. BigM-Perazzi

Best to start here if you have that many questions...

Jim

6. BigM-Perazzi

Not a problem, bob. The Italians tend to make it mean many things to fit the situation sometimes....

7. 3200

3200 TS Member

Where does the Comp 1 fit in along with the MX-8/Mirage and interchangeability?

BTW, have a copy of Lippard's book on its way. Also tried to call Giacomo today but never got thru - I expect he's a busy man.

8. gjmen

gjmen Member

Thanks for the help. gjmen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.