1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need measurements for leagal targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

On Tuesday morning I'm helping our Shotgun Committee reset our Trap Field/Machine for legal targets. Many members, including myself don't feel the targets are being thrown properly. Can you give me the official measurements? I also feel there's a curve in the targets.....How would I correct that? How many cranks should the machine have? This is a Pat Trap with CVR. I also think the connections to the box (wires from the CVR to the box) are not making enough contact. (I think members have been forcing the connection and not lining up the little indentation and then stretching the connection hole) Also, there are wide ranges of calls......Has anyone used the White Turbo Mikes for that reason? I'd appreciate any help....Being the only woman on the Ex. Board for the Shotgun Committee, I want to go into the meeting informed. Thanks for any suggestions and help.

2. willing

willing Member

Look at the ATA rulebook on their site. You will get the exact dimensions and not somebodies opinion perhaps not quite right.

Bill

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"I also feel there's a curve in the targets.....How would I correct that?"</blockquote>

One of our traps threw curves because the trap wasn't level. We had to shim the trap on one side to correct it.

Mike

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

pages 48>56 will give you what you need.
    Jim

5. yvonne

Benn there, done that fellas....WANT to be informed about what I should ask and comment on. I've read it all and have now printed it to bring with me....Give me some hints. Please, realize....women are not usually asked this!

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yvonne, that's all I can give you. Women and curves just cause me all kind of distractions and grief....

Jim

7. yvonne

Now that's more like it! thanks! Never thought the curve or curl might be a problem with leveling the machine. I liked that one. Another thought....When PAT TRAP came to adjust the machine, fix probems, etc....I didn't see any grease on the machine. Are there grease points I should check for?

8. Harold

Harold TS Member

maclellan1911, you need to get a new rule book. Yours is a couple years out of date. Target height is 8-10 ft not 8-12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.