1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*Need magazine for Savage rifle*

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr. Charles, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

0   0   0

Looking for a magazine for a: (222 Remington) Savage Arms. (Springfield Model 840 series E.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

mc

2. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

0   0   0

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Good luck. I have the exact same gun and I've been looking for a mag for years. PLEASE let me know if you find one (and they have more!)

Bruce

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

In the Philly area there is a gun shop which specializes in magazines (the woman who runs it is referred to as the 'clip chick').

The shop is run by Ed Kennedy

If not there what about Numrich Arms??
    (http://www.e-gunparts.com/)

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi fellas,
    I was wondering if you had checked with Numerich? My book shows part number A340-142 but didnt' check the availabilty. My book indicates that the Savage 340 and Springfield 840 in 222 caliber use the same magazines. Hope that helps. Jackie B.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Here you go. Go to www.hoosiergunworks.com Click on Catalog then find Magazine and click on Mag Rifle. In the Sav section is a 840 222 factory mag in stock. I think it was 2 of them. They also have a section that tells you what other mags will work in your gun. Great site to find mags.

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Looks like Hoosier Gun Works will be the answer. Calling tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Bruce

8. Mr. Charles

Mr. Charles Member

0   0   0

I called Hoosier gun works and they are shipping the magazine out today. They had 5 in stock and have sold 3 today.

Thanks, Auctioneer, for the information.

mc

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Your welcome, more then happy to help. They have some mags that I will be going after later. Can't right now because of X-Mas.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Those little Savages make awesome kids rifles...I've introduced many kids to deer hunting with it as well as lent it to friends to teach thier kids to target shooting and the world of hi-powered rifles with my Savage 340 with an old Refield 4x in a Weaver mount. I worked up a load using 125 Nosler ballistic tips going about 2400fps that give the kids so much confidence when the deer drops but the gun didn't hurt a bit...the smiles on thier faces are what you live for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
looking for 222 model 840 magazine
savage 222 clip
savage springfield model 840 222 caliber magazine

savagemodel840magazineclip

springfield 840 222 magazine

springfield 840 222 remington magazine
springfield 840 magazine
springfield model 840 222 cal rifle magazine 157630b hossier guns