1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need loading data for 28 ga PMC hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tgene, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgene

tgene Member

A friend at the range game me a large box of once fired 28 gauge PMC hulls. I'm looking for loading data for these hulls. I've tried google and a few powder booklets and can't seem to come with any information. Any help out there in trapshooters.com world? Thanks in advance for any help.... gene

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

PMC are low basewad, straight-wall hulls: read 'Federal'.

Alliant and Hodgdon sites have lots of data, and Hodgdon has Cheddite and Fiocchi data also (same type of hull).

Bob

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I would section a hull and compare it to others listed in recent manuals like Lyman's 5th edition. Once you have determined what hull it is closest to, look for data that matches the rest of your components as well. I would also stay away from the top listed loads (pressure wise). A call to either Alliant or Hodgdon might be a good idea for a second opinion.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If it has 2 to 6 of these * * * * placed around the shell bottom, it is a Cheddite type hull, if not I suggest you call your powder company and get some help from the powder techs there. Breake-m all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.