1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Load Recipe for Nitro 27

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Few years ago someone gave me a recipe for duplicating the Nitro 27 load using TiteGroup powder, I believe it was, or what Remington used/uses.

I thought it was Ed Y, but was not correct.

I have access to all the same info everyone else has, but I want something someone actually chronographed in an effort to duplicate the factory load.

Don't care about primer or wad, but the powder and weight for 1 1/8 ounce.

Thanks in advance.

Whiz White

2. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I load 19.5 grains of green dot in the winter and 18.5 in the summer in the sts and nitro 27 hull and feel that it is very close to a nitro 27. I use a versalite wad and sts primer. They feel great and perform great. Hope this helps.

J.F.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks, Jack. That is what Ed Y uses - Green Dot.

I was told that Remington may use TiteGroup. I simply want to duplicate for 27 yards.

Again, thanks.

Whiz

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Whiz, the data on the Hodgdon web site is correct. Just substitute a TGT-12 wad for the Fig-8 listed. Yes, I called and asked if the substitution was okay. You should too.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

whiz,

zzt is correct. Go to the Hodgdon website. Use Titegroup, STS or Nitro hulls, STS primers, TGT-12S or the Downrange equivalent wad, and good hard Remington shot, and you can duplicate the Nitro 27 performance pretty much exactly.

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Whiz,

I've chrono'd several shells using Titegroup and Remington hulls. My load is as follows:

Remington hull

18.0 grains of Titegroup

Remington 209 primer

Remington TGT wad

1 1/8oz of good shot

I've chrono'd this load through my 30", 32" and 34" barrels and it runs 1235fps with a standard deviation 10fps either way. I've tested this shell in 90 degree temps down to mid 30's and it doesn't seem to effect the speed any.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.