1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED LOAD FOR 28GA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by traper130, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traper130

traper130 Member

Looking for a load for shooting sporting clay AA or Rem

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

What kind of hulls, and what kind of powder, speed, Ect. You might try Hodgdon.com website or alliantpowder.com website to find what you are looking for. Win. AAHS hulls may give you more speed, as most loads are 1200 fps with this gauge. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Alliant's 20/28 powder is my favorite powder for the 28 ga. Their Reload Guide can be found on their website:
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx

My second favorite powder is Hodgdon's Longshot. Again, loads can be found on their website:
    http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Hodgdon has loads over the standard 3/4 oz loading if you want something a bit stronger for longer shots.

I load 7/8 oz hunting loads in the AA hull with 25 gr of Lil'Gun and the Ballistic Products SGII wad. 1275 fps at 10,500 psi. It might be a tad expensive but it has great ballistics.

Any "normal" 3/4 oz load with standard wads will work for most shots.

Don Verna

5. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Why not look in every reloading guide out there (free on-line) and get the straight skinny, not everyone's pet load. No offense intended to the other responders above but I believe in going to the source. It's all out there.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.