1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Krieghoff M-32 advice

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

This is an old 3 digit serial number K-32 San Remo with a vandallia rib. I just really like the engraving because it appears to be much more detailed than the later San Remo, but I don't know what I might be getting into because of it's age. I see it has the Remington style trigger assembly, and thats about all I know. I would like to add a trap O/U 32" barrel to it and use it for singles and doubles.

Question is........$3500.00 just to get it and then the fun begins. Is it too old to mess with, and should I just go ahead and get the K-80 combo?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

WOW.

That has some serious engraving with lots of detail. Is it signed??

Ive never owned a Krieghoff but I have a Remington 32 thats been shot a lot with the Rem. trigger. No problems.

I would think service would not be a problem.

You might call Hal DuPont and ask.

Hows the wood??

Regards....Gerald

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'd ask Dr. K... but quick reply is what number does it start with..??? I was told nothing under 400..as parts were a mis mash..

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

at that age, I would suspect that neither the engraving nor the Vandalia rib are original equipment.

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

If you decide not to buy this gun please let me know as I would have a serious interest in.

Thanks,

Noel

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

First there is no such thing as San Remo at that serial number= but it might be similar

Second that is not a Vandalia rib

3rd- looks like a Remington barrel-

4th - what makes you think it isnt a Remington 32? Someone could have just engraved Krieghoff 32 on the bottom of a Remington- assuming it does say that-- what do the barrels say?

5th - no way as to price

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Jaeger?

8. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I missed the fact he said it was a "Vandalia style" rib not a Vandalia.

Noel thanks for letting me have first shot but if you want to bid on it go ahead, I can't make up my mind anyway.GaryL

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

where is the bbl---did I miss something?---sjb---

10. Mapper

Mapper Member

Well, let's see, choke tubes and infernal holes in the bbls. Old style trigger. non adjustable bbls, possible replacement stock/spaced, and some killer engraving. I agree, not a San Remo, not Vandalia rib. It certainly is a striking piece, but is a 1500 gun with 2000 or so of engraving. It can be fixed up, if you really like the engraving.

11. german

german TS Member

i do have the brother ore sister of the same gun ,my ser.# is 401 , gun was build in march 1959 (date is stamped on the bottom flat of the barrel ), i bought the gun used in 1974 for $175.- ,had K32 triggers installed in 1977 for $ 130.- (some miner milling required ),have shot it ever since with Vandalia and K80 barrels ( all fit ) for bunker and ATA , total about 1200000 plus targets ( one million two hundred thousand ! ), still shoot it 3 to four times per week mostly for doubles ,the gun will go with me to my grave ,
    the gun in the picture is original ,barrels have the diamond shaped posts , the latch has the stippled ramp leading to the rip of the barrel, rem 32 triggers, exquisite engraving ( no signature ) , wood is not original ( should be Black forest Pine wood ), barrel 30 inches, bore should be .725 , value of engraving is a lot more than $ 2000.- , i will have my receiver French greyed with a thin gold border to protect the metal and keep shooting it for ever
    Bernhard Porzig

12. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I like it. I would like to fire it about a thousand times to make sure it is operational. Any gun that can be successfully fired a thousand times can be fixed if it quits working.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Eightbore- no one questions that this gun can be fired or that it is the basic remington 32/ Krieghoff 32 design which is a good design receiver wise

The question is what is it worth?

Also any gun can be fixed- but how much money do you want to spend doing that is the question--

Also it is not advertised correctly

btw French Grey to protect the metail? I dont think so- French grey means acid washed- no finish- and no protection there

So after bringing the trigger and safety up to speed- what is it worth?

regards from Iowa

Gene

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I prefer my K-32s to be a bit newer. My shooting gun is #6307 if I remember correctly, 1967 manufacture. It has been problem free. However, it is not worth much.

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The first kreighoff guns under ser# 400 were exact copies of the Remington 32 triggers included. Kreighoff then started making changes over the years up until the K 80 came out in 1980. This is a early gun custom engraved I believe and could be upgraded but would be costly how much is the question and is it worth it in the end. I do not know but sure would like to have this gun but I like old things except women they are on to me and I can't get away with anything anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
k32 krieghoff production date 6000 serial range

krieghoff k 32 serial numbers

krieghoff k32 serial numbers
krieghoff serial numbers
vandalia style rib kreighoff
what does a kreighoff vandalia rib look like