1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Iowa ATA Information!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It is now the 10th of April, and no shoot program has been mailed out to the Iowa ATA shooters.

Does anyone know why this has not been done yet.

We generally get them by the middle of February, but it is almost the middle of April.

Otter Creek has had 3 scheduled shoots already, and if I didn't live close, I would not even know about them. The first one was canceled due to inclement weather, but they did have the other two shoots.

Cedar Falls has a shoot this Sunday, but only those who get a flyer in the mail will know about it because no Iowa Shoot date information has been mailed out that I am aware of.

Can someone tell me why?

Thank You!

Hauxfan!

2. Bigbird

Bigbird TS Member

Got mine 2 weeks ago.

3. Hauxfan

Bill, it's the 15th........I think. I'll check it out and get back to you later.

Walenda, yes, there is another mailing to the Iowa ATA shooters that gives the dates of all ATA shoots in Iowa. This has not been done as of yet, and I don't know why. I'm just putting this out in hopes the powers that be will get the job done........... muy pronto.

Big bird, I guess your special. lol But no one I know has received their's yet.

Hauxfan!

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Contact the Iowa Delegate.....

Curt

5. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Larry;

I got my shoot card and state of the union letter last monday. I'm shure it's just the snail mail because they have been sent out.

Ken

6. Hauxfan

Thanks, Ken. I did get it in the mail this morning. Finally.....

likes-to-shoot........I called a friend of mine about that shoot date, and it is the 22nd of April.

There was some confusion about it, but it is the 22nd. Hope you can make it!

Hauxfan!

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

CFGC WILL BE SHOOTING THE 15TH OF APRIL. BE ADVISED AND GO TO THE IOWA STATE WEBSITE. I COMMEND THE CEDAR FALLS GUN CLUB IN CHANGING SOME OF THEIR SHOOT DATES. THIS HAS BEEN AN ON GOING ISSUE AND THIS YEAR WE DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. SOME OF THE PEOPLE DECIDING THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD A DATE LAST YEAR IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR NEXT YEAR. IN MOST CASES THIS IS TRUE, HOWEVER WHEN THEIR IS A LACK OF COMMUNICATION SOME CLUBS DOUBLE UP ON DATES LEAVING OTHER WEEKENDS OPEN. WE AT OCSC AND CFGC LIKE TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO TRAVEL EVERY WEEK END IF WE SO CHOOSE, AND BE ABLE TO SHOOT WITHIN A CLOSE PROXIMITY. IF YOU LOOK AT AN OLD SHOOT CARD YOU WILL SEE SOME CASES OF 2-3 & EVEN SOMETIMES 4 CLUBS IN AN AREA SHOOTING ONE WEEK END AND THEN NOTHING WITHIN 100 MILES THE NEXT WEEK END. I KNOW THIS WILL BRING A CHUCKLE OUT OF THE NW AND SW PEOPLE, BECAUSE OF POPULATION IN THOSE AREAS YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE, BUT IN THE NE & SE ZONES WE DO HAVE A CHOICE SO LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. THE ONLY WAY THE CLUBS AND THE STATE MAKE MONEY IS TO THROW TARGETS. THIS YEAR WHEN GAS PRICES, TARGETS AND SHOOTING EXPENSES ARE UP WHY THROW ONE MORE DETERRENT IN THE POT, AND THAT BEING TRAVELLING FARTHER OR IN SOME CASES JUST NO PLACE TO TRAVEL TO. THE NAME OF THE GAME IS KEEPING SHOOTERS SHOOTING. FOR THOSE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING OF SHOOT DATES LETS TRY TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR. FOR THOSE SEEING THIS THREAD AND HAVING FRIENDS WHO DO NOT READ THIS SITE PASS IT ON. Steve Manary

8. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Larry;

I got my shoot card and state of the union letter last monday. I'm shure it's just the snail mail because they have been sent out.

Ken

9. Hauxfan

Thanks, Ken. I did get it in the mail this morning. Finally.....

likes-to-shoot........I called a friend of mine about that shoot date, and it is the 22nd of April.

There was some confusion about it, but it is the 22nd. Hope you can make it!

Hauxfan!

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

CFGC WILL BE SHOOTING THE 15TH OF APRIL. BE ADVISED AND GO TO THE IOWA STATE WEBSITE. I COMMEND THE CEDAR FALLS GUN CLUB IN CHANGING SOME OF THEIR SHOOT DATES. THIS HAS BEEN AN ON GOING ISSUE AND THIS YEAR WE DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. SOME OF THE PEOPLE DECIDING THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD A DATE LAST YEAR IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR NEXT YEAR. IN MOST CASES THIS IS TRUE, HOWEVER WHEN THEIR IS A LACK OF COMMUNICATION SOME CLUBS DOUBLE UP ON DATES LEAVING OTHER WEEKENDS OPEN. WE AT OCSC AND CFGC LIKE TO HAVE THE CHANCE TO TRAVEL EVERY WEEK END IF WE SO CHOOSE, AND BE ABLE TO SHOOT WITHIN A CLOSE PROXIMITY. IF YOU LOOK AT AN OLD SHOOT CARD YOU WILL SEE SOME CASES OF 2-3 & EVEN SOMETIMES 4 CLUBS IN AN AREA SHOOTING ONE WEEK END AND THEN NOTHING WITHIN 100 MILES THE NEXT WEEK END. I KNOW THIS WILL BRING A CHUCKLE OUT OF THE NW AND SW PEOPLE, BECAUSE OF POPULATION IN THOSE AREAS YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE, BUT IN THE NE & SE ZONES WE DO HAVE A CHOICE SO LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. THE ONLY WAY THE CLUBS AND THE STATE MAKE MONEY IS TO THROW TARGETS. THIS YEAR WHEN GAS PRICES, TARGETS AND SHOOTING EXPENSES ARE UP WHY THROW ONE MORE DETERRENT IN THE POT, AND THAT BEING TRAVELLING FARTHER OR IN SOME CASES JUST NO PLACE TO TRAVEL TO. THE NAME OF THE GAME IS KEEPING SHOOTERS SHOOTING. FOR THOSE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN THE DECISION MAKING OF SHOOT DATES LETS TRY TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT NEXT YEAR. FOR THOSE SEEING THIS THREAD AND HAVING FRIENDS WHO DO NOT READ THIS SITE PASS IT ON. Steve Manary

11. Hauxfan

Steve, I just found out you are right. First I was told the 15th, and then the 22nd, and then again the 15th.

It is the 15th of April.

Steve you are so right about being able to travel to different clubs to shoot. When clubs go head to head, it hurts them and the shooters.

If they would just get together like in the old days and pick dates and agree on them, it would be much better for the clubs and the shooters.

The Iowa State High School Shoot is the 28th of April and it is a 50 bird program.

One little minor thing Steve, if you'd type with your Caps Lock key off, you wouldn't have all those capital letters and it would be easier for these old eyes to read. Thanks!

Hauxfan!

12. Hauxfan

Up Please! Hauxlow!

13. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I got my Iowa shoot card from the Iowa Trapshooters Assn. today, so yours will probably be arriving soon.

Jim

14. Hauxfan

Well, Lit, you are right, I did marry into that Iowa Falls club. The female side of the club was great, but I hear that there are some problems with the male side of the club.

Lit, if women knew what was in my thoughts, they probably wouldn't even be in the same room as me.....lol lol PS.......The beasts are safe..... ;-)

Harley, I got it yesterday. Some info on it was wrong, and some shoots weren't even on it. Oh well, such is life.

Hint, shootlow..........what are you hinting at?

Hauxfan!

15. Iowa Smoker

Iowa Smoker TS Member

I haven't received mine yet on 4/12--- wondered what the finiacial end of the statement looked like? I have heard we are in good shape but haven't seen the statement yet?

16. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Iowa Smoker, Jon reported that ISTA made money on the state shoot in his letter.

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

thanks Hauxfan, someone has to keep the informaaion out there. Steve

18. Hauxfan

No problem Steve..........going up!

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.