1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need input on making a strategic business decision

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lovethesport, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

Business: real estate broker

Goal: generating more leads and sales.

2 possible strategies:

list your home for 995

Or

Get 10000 more for your house .

---both are honest statements- it is possible to get more than market if the house is put in perfect shape and offer incentive to the co-op agent--

Question: which would be most appealing to a home seller

Thanks

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

So, you list my home for 995 and sell it and do all the leg work and transfers and there are no more charges or percentage fees

If my total sellers expense is only $995.00 then that would be a plus. But...is that what you are saying???

As is now I just sell a house myself. I draw up a contract and take it to the title company and attorney and they do the rest. The buyer has the financing ready. I think my last one probably cost me more than $995.00 but not sure. I plan on selling one or two more this next year before the sales tax, that was included with the health bill, goes into effect.

Now if you want 955 just to list my home that would never happen. Here you sign a contract for so many days, or months, and if it does not sell it cost you nothing. Ray

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's no sales tax in the Health bill. This had been covered on this forum.You're talking about Medicare tax on capital gains over a high
    threshold amount.
    You should get the facts right if it's going to affect your business
    decisions.

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Thanks, I am glad to hear that. Ray

5. 3357

3357 Member

never ask a trapshooter for buisness advice.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

$995.00 for agent commission? What part of the world is this? Last time I bought a house, the seller's broker fee was $75,000.00

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Steve W,

That would mean that the house was sold at 1.25 million dollars. If it was listed for the typical 6% commission. Wow, that would be a really nice house in most parts of the country. Except maybe California.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Actually it was discounted at 5% fee, which is fairly common around here in the beach cities in S. CA. It's a halfway decent house, nothing spectacular, my current tenant in it is a V.P. from Chase bank, paying $5,250.00 rent for it.

I still want to know where you can sell a house for $995.00 fee? The open house cocktail party I went to see the house first time cost more than that.

Now back to the topic, I think your second approach "sell your house for $10,000.00 more" is more effective.

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If you have to ask me for my input on your business decision, you are in deep do-do already!

Hauxfan!

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Explain the programs- neither makes any sense without explanation on how it works

There are plenty of cut rate brokers that sell for a flat fee now- they arent full service brokers but they do sell a lot of homes - you show your own home- etc- they just get it listed online- etc.

They also help with the paperwork- accept offers

Gene

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Good advise!!!!!LAMO

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Steve W

Mention money, and within two hours some lib comes sniffin' around. Typical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.