Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Input - Beretta UGB25 Xcel Trap Gun

8K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  autogun 
#1 ·
I like mine a lot. Very fun to shoot and it points well. I've had no problems. I shoot 1 oz reloads at 1180 fps-- no issues, no malfunctions. Mine will not feed 7/8 oz loads reliably but I added the recoil reduction device which adds 7 or 8 ounces. It might feed 7/8 oz without the device-- don't know but definitely would not count on it. It has slightly more recoil than a 391, less than a 9 lb o/u. Enjoy.

#5 ·
Very limited experience here. I shot 2 boxes of shells thru one that I was considering for a purchase. One round of Trap and one round of 5-Stand. I REALLY loved how it moved at Trap. 5-Stand was OK, but the gun was setup for trap so what would I expect. Its just as they advertise, moves nicely, points even better, balanced how I like, almost no recoil.

HOWEVER... I decided not to purchase one because I was worried about durability. It has countless small fragile looking parts and is quite complex compared to a simple O/U or standard auto. Might end up being a great and long lasting gun, just decided to wait and see how they work out before I lay out 4 grand.

#6 ·
There are a lot of negative comments on here about this gun. Do a search because these on this post are the first positives I have ever seen. I personally know two people who bought them and were very unhappy and when re sold they lost $$$

#7 ·
Unproven.

Cannot catch shells so look forward to lots of bending.

No top shooters use one.

Likely to be sale-proof. Which is good for you - get a used one and let the other fellow take the loss.

Likely to be dropped by Beretta eventually.

Just my $.02

Otherwise an interesting but poor choice for trap if you reload.

I know a guy who was ga-ga for one and took one for a test drive for a day. He returned it; and now shoots a 90T. He is much happier and the bastard is shooting great scores.

Don Verna

#9 ·
Do the TScom search. This gun has been beat to death over the past two years. Short version, fun gun when it works. If it is your only trap gun you will save a lot of money on ammo. The fact that no one has bothered to engineer a shell catcher for it tells you something. Ask the man who has boxed one up. Rich

#11 ·
20 years from now it will be the Space gun of that era. That is my prediction and Space Guns will be 10 grand by then. Odd ball guns seem to get a cult fallowing or collectable status an example is the Browning recoiless unfired they are in some what of a demand buy odd ball collectors.
Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.