1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Input - Beretta UGB25 Xcel Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by autogun, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autogun

autogun Member

I like mine a lot. Very fun to shoot and it points well. I've had no problems. I shoot 1 oz reloads at 1180 fps-- no issues, no malfunctions. Mine will not feed 7/8 oz loads reliably but I added the recoil reduction device which adds 7 or 8 ounces. It might feed 7/8 oz without the device-- don't know but definitely would not count on it. It has slightly more recoil than a 391, less than a 9 lb o/u. Enjoy.

2. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Do a search on this forum and on Shotgunworld.com for UGB25. There are lots and lots of commentary and opinions, including several threads that I have started.

Ted K.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd ask Leo H. how they perform. Hap

4. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Hap,

I'll bite, what does Leo think?

Chris

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Very limited experience here. I shot 2 boxes of shells thru one that I was considering for a purchase. One round of Trap and one round of 5-Stand. I REALLY loved how it moved at Trap. 5-Stand was OK, but the gun was setup for trap so what would I expect. Its just as they advertise, moves nicely, points even better, balanced how I like, almost no recoil.

HOWEVER... I decided not to purchase one because I was worried about durability. It has countless small fragile looking parts and is quite complex compared to a simple O/U or standard auto. Might end up being a great and long lasting gun, just decided to wait and see how they work out before I lay out 4 grand.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of negative comments on here about this gun. Do a search because these on this post are the first positives I have ever seen. I personally know two people who bought them and were very unhappy and when re sold they lost $$$

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Unproven.

Cannot catch shells so look forward to lots of bending.

No top shooters use one.

Likely to be sale-proof. Which is good for you - get a used one and let the other fellow take the loss.

Likely to be dropped by Beretta eventually.

Just my $.02

Otherwise an interesting but poor choice for trap if you reload.

I know a guy who was ga-ga for one and took one for a test drive for a day. He returned it; and now shoots a 90T. He is much happier and the bastard is shooting great scores.

Don Verna

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

We had one travel around in our area. From owner to owner. It was in the shop more than on the line. Does not seem to be a very durable shotgun.

Ajax

9. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Do the TScom search. This gun has been beat to death over the past two years. Short version, fun gun when it works. If it is your only trap gun you will save a lot of money on ammo. The fact that no one has bothered to engineer a shell catcher for it tells you something. Ask the man who has boxed one up. Rich

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Too odd. Unless it's going to be your lifetime gun and you will never trade it then ok. If your one that trades the guns that don't work out for you then you will loose your fanny unless you buy it used and very, very right. Be careful.

11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

20 years from now it will be the Space gun of that era. That is my prediction and Space Guns will be 10 grand by then. Odd ball guns seem to get a cult fallowing or collectable status an example is the Browning recoiless unfired they are in some what of a demand buy odd ball collectors.
    Buddy

12. autogun

autogun Member

Randy,
    How fast were those 7/8 running? Thanks.
    David Vandercoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta ugb25 for sale
beretta ugb25 review
beretta ugb25 xcel

beretta ugb25 xcel for sale

beretta ugb25 xcel trap for sale
beretta ugb25 xcel trap price
beretta ugb25 xcel trap sale
ugb25 xcel