1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Infromation About ST 100 Trap (Browning)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by coldtrail, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

If anyone can help, I would like to get information regarding Browning St 100 Trap.

Thanks

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shot just a little. All orig other than professional pad installation. $2950 shipped to the 48. 715-441-2384.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

My memory is a little foggy on this gun, but I believe it had an adjustable point of impact, via movement of the bottom barrel along with an adjustable trigger. From the picture MIA posted, it looks like the rear of the rib as an adjustment feature. I believe the basic design of the gun was that of the tried and true Citori. I was a very good gun and like a lot of Browning designs, not marketed well enough to generate enough sales to keep it in their product line long enough for it to catch on.

4. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

The st-100 was built on the Belguin b-25? action and was a premium gun. It was available in 30" barrels only and was relatively expensive at the time($3000+).I understand there were three versions, st-80, 100 and 150, each with progressivly heavier barrels, though I've only seen the st-100. The trigger was fixed. The point of impact of the barrels was adjustable to have the patterns converge or diverge depending on the wishes of the shooter. It was intended as an international trap gun so the shooter might wish the second shot to be higher or lower,probably lower as the target flattened out. This was accomplished by moving the adjuster located between the barrels midway down the length as seen in the photos. The adjuster was a tracked wedge that, when moved backward or forward moved the barrels closer or further apart at that point causing the patterns to move. The rib was fixed with attachment only at the breech, mid point and muzzle. Great gun,had one, shoulda kept it.

Chuck

5. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

My mistake on the rib. Looking at the pictures again the posts were fixed and the rib floated with fixed (pinned) attachment at the breech only? but not adjustable.

Chuck

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The point of impact adjustment is accomplished by moving the wedge between the barrels in front of the forend. The ST100 is the same action as the Superposed and is not related to the Citori. The trigger on mine is not adjustable and both barrels shoot a little higher than a standard Superposed as set by the factory. I have never seen the need to adjust the point of impact. Great gun.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

pufftarget & ou.3200

As I said, I was going from memory and was not sure about what I was talking about. I am sure you have answered coldtrail's inquiry quite fully and agree with you it was a very fine gun, but I think it was too short lived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning st 100 same as b 25

browning st100