1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Need information about FN guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shutupandshoot, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

I just came from a gun dealer and he had a beautiful sporting clay shotgun with choke tubes, adjustable comb, silver receiver and was laminated wood in shades of blue. The manufactor is FN Gun works. I have never heard of them but he says they are a manufacturer of military guns like the AK's etc. This is 1 of 200 made. I have never heard of them. My questions are:
    1 Is this a well made gun
    2 Any comments on resale value
    3 Would it be hard to resell if I wanted later to do so
    4 Any other comments are appreciated

2. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

If this is indeed the FNC corporation product, it was made by a company that is over 100 years old. This is the company that builds 70% of all our military small arms. They make the SCAR-16 and the SCAR-17 for our elite military units. And they make some of the world's best assault shotguns and long-range military bolt rifles. They also make commercial products and all are top-shelf pieces...

Having said all that, make sure it is FNC we are talking about, not some company name FN Gun Works. Make sure that these apples are indeed apples and not oranges....

3. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

The gun you saw was an FNH SC-1. These are a current model gun being made by FNH. They sell for about $2000 new, and can be viewed at the above website. Hope this helps. Garrett

4. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

Garrett, that is the gun. You seem to know about them. What about resale value and quality. To me the quality seems to be there

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Winchester Select?

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Active Member

The Winchester Select is made in Belgium at the FN (Fabrique Nationale)works where Browning custom shop product is also made....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.