1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need information about Dillion loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bird30, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I have always loaded AA's and now I want to load STS's. My question do I have to change the seating plug to the black plug to load the STS's or can I continue to load with the win seating plug.

Thank you, Dave

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I load sts--Goldmedels---AAAs---gunclub---estates on my Dillon and make no changes except for the wad needed for each hull---It just keeps on Ticking-
    I'll give one tip---I cut a grove in the primer drop tube so I can make sure I can see all the primer drop---George@SJB---

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Call Dillon to ask, but mine came set up for AA. I load STS and Nitro 27 exclusively, and changed nothing.

4. letts

letts TS Member

Wen I purchased my Dillon used it would not seat Winchester primers into My STS cases consistently, I tried STS primers and had no problems. My Mec 600 jr. would seat Win. primers in the STS cases without a hitch. No idea why, As I had a lot of STS cases I use STS primers and am happy. Maybe Dillon can answer the question for you.

Letts

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure, once you get it "set up" for STSs, you won't want to go back to AAs. Good luck.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You most likely will have to adjust the pre-crimp and final crimp to get the crimp exactly the way you want them. Minor issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.