1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED INFO ON WOLF RIFLE & SG PRIMERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tracer, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer Member

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the quality of wolf rifle and

shotgun primers. I know they are cheaper to buy, but are there any downsides

to them.

Thanks, Del

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

No Data!

3. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks Quack Shot, I can't find any either.

Del

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Del,

There have been a couple of threads very recently on the Wolf shotshell primers. There was a lot of misinformation given, regarding what they were similar to, etc. If you have the testing facilities, it might be worth giving them a look. They may or may not be made by Tula manufacturing in Russia. It appears that the company has ties with Wolf. Tula apparently manufactures some lead free primer options also in the pistol and maybe some rifle configurations. The problem there again, is the lack of data. I'm not going to take a chance and find out I've bought a bunch of garbage primers. They may be top notch, or they might be real poor. It appears that some of the powder companies have expressed an opinion that they are not consistent. Whether that is lot to lot or primer to primer, I don't know. I would ask the powder companies and maybe check with Kevin over at Downrange Mfg.

If I come across any data, or find a smaller amount of primers available locally, I might get a wild hair and have some tested. If I do, I'll share that data with you. Locally, nobody seems to have them. It's not worth the Hazmat fee for me to buy a small sample to try and test. I just stick with what I know and pay the extra penny a round for a known quality and performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.