1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need info on wisconsin meat shoot fundraiser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i was told today , that each year in august ,somewhere in wisconsin there is a great fundraising meat shoot-its on a sunday from 9am to 9pm --they give meat and pizzas as prizes ---DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CLUB AND TOWN THIS IS IN? -am planning a vacation and wud like to attend it , its supposed to be a "mega"shoot!!---wally riebesell--660-744-4115

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The season for these shoots is upon us. I don't know which particular one you refer to but all the smaller clubs have these, originally called poultry shoots, merchandise & poultry shoots, etc. We commonly call them turkey shoots. prizes include 6 packs, chickens, hams, god knows what all, whatever the organizers get a deal on.

The format is usually 10 target mini events, a couple bucks entry each time, and some other games, buddy or annies. A 50 target Lewis event is usually on the agenda.

Used to be you got a frozen chicken, and if you stayed too long, or drank enough to forget you had it, the bird thawed out and stunk up your car.

I won a bottle of hooch once, and we made the mistake of opening it before we got home. Good thing I had lots of friends.

IF you don't shoot ATA, and like to go to the different clubs, Wisconsin is the place this time of year.

Here's a link to lots of the Wisconsin fun ^

HM

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

This is one that used to be held at New Fane Gun Club, but has now been moved to West Bend/Barton Gun Club. It is on September 8th though.

Breaking News! The Kiwanis Club of Kewaskum is announcing that they have moved their annual Turkey Shoot to the West Bend Barton Sportsman’s Club. The Turkey Shoot is always held the first Saturday after Labor Day, which this year falls on September 8th. This is a rain or shine event which features events for people of all ages. The event runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.

This year’s events will feature all the events of the past which include food and beverages, a Chinese raffle, gun raffles, turkey raffles, rifle shoot, pistol shoot, compound bow shoot, BB gun shoot, golf shoot, and the trap shoot. Also included will be the very popular Regal Ware cookware truck.

One new event being worked on for this year is a 200 yard rifle shoot, where shooters will be able to use their own rifle. New children’s games are being planned, as is live music for the day. Local venders are planning to be on site to show off new models of boats, ATV’s and yard equipment.

All proceeds from any Kiwanis Club of Kewaskum event are given back to the children of local communities in support of their activities. Please come out to WBBSC on September 8th to support the children of our community.

4. acss

thanks for the info-- i will followup on that!-- on the rifle shoot-- here in rock port mo-we will be holdind a sportsman triathilon-- august 10th- 4 man team- 50 bird trapshoot- 400 yard 3shot rifle event(team total on 1 paper)- 9 holes of golf best ball-steak feed to follow-- all proceeds go to youth in the outdoors events---wally riebesell--

5. acss

is there a western wisconsin schedule?

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Never heard of one. There is a Central Wisconsin Trap association, centered around Wausau area, but I don't know if they have summer events. Lots of winter Lewis stuff, though. the link shows just winter shooting.

HN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

meat shoots in wisconsin

wisconsin meat shoots