1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Info on SuperX-2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by loophole, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loophole

loophole TS Member

Any information on a Winchester Super X-2 would be appreciated. How they shoot. What chokes they use. How they stand up to shooting. Do they call for excessive cleaning? What a good price would be. Anything else of iterest to a prospective purchaser. Thanks in advance. Loophole.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

They shoot fine; recoil is mild and gun operates fairly quietly.

Invector+

Have approximately 5000 rounds through mine with zero issues.

What is "excessive" cleaning? I clean mine after each outing, or 300 rounds. Takes all of 20 minutes. Easy to disassemble / reassemble.

$$$ depends on model. Expect to pay $600 for a Sporting Clay model.

Tom Morton makes an outstanding internal shell catcher/recoil reducer for these!

AndyH ;-)

3. tinker

tinker TS Member

i own 1 it is junk i bought it new use it for duck hunting i can not keep the rust off it piece of junk buy sx1 still the best

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I've got a 26" inv.+ SX-2 and its a pheasant killin machine,,I think they are the same as a Browning Gold,,,

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I used to have a sporting clays model with a 28" barrel (like the one Rick was talking about) and it was the only auto that I've liked that wasn't an 1100. I had some 2nd shell feed issues and sold the gun.

Big mistake! My reloads were the issue and not the gun (I was reloading those Winchester Universals as one and outs).

I may have to look for another one as I can't stand the dainty wristed stock on the SX3.

ss

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

SS,,my son called me one day while he was in the old Galyan's Store in K.C Mo as they were being bought out by Dicks Sporting Goods. He said they have a couple of SX2's cheap. Long story short for $930.00 he got 2 new in the box SX's,,clearance sale my ass,,they lost big time on that deal,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.