1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info on Slider Trap>>>>>>

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bgf, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgf

bgf Active Member

I have googled everywhere. Can't find any particulars on Slider Trap game. I might start a League at our club but need to know whether to make it a team shoot or individual. How to handicap or is that built into the game? Might be called something else in other locals. You start at the 19...move back to the 21...etc. in two yard increments until you are on the 27. Then move over to next post and move forward from the 27 to the 19...ergo - slider. Can anyone give me the profile of setting up the league? I would assume there are a couple of ways to do it...must be fair to all.

Addie above take out the XXs.

Bernie

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I used to shoot slider at junk shoots. They were 10 bird races. Started on the 18 yd line. If you broke both birds you steeped back 2 yards on the next post. Broke 1 bird, step back one yard and if you missed both birds, you remained at the same yardage.

Care was taken not to get the yardage so separated that an unsafe condition resulted. At times, someone too close had to step back before the next shooter shot.

Pat Ireland

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

George,

I'm sure there are many ways to do a "Slider", but in our area we do it as described below.

Start on the 19...shoot once, move to the 21, then the 23, 25 & 27 (5 shells)

Move to the next station at the 27....shoot once and move to the 25, then the 23, 21 & 19 (5 shells)

Move to the next station at the 19 and start the "Slide" again.

It's fun and helps with the handicap game, especially the confidence part.

Curt - Delaware

4. bgf

bgf Active Member

George and Curt,

We shoot the Slider like Curt does. Is the handicapping built into the game because of the sliding? Do you run it as a individual competition or can it be run as a team sport? It would seem that the top shooters have the advantage with respect to yardage. Can this be leveled out?

Bernie

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Bernie,

We do it for practice only. I guess we could score it and make it a fun game with a pot.

I think you can create your own variation to suit the needs/desires of your shooting crowd.

Have fun.

Curt

6. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I shoot it like Curt. One of my favroit games. Really helps with my consontration (sp?).

7. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

We do it starting on the 19 for five shots and everytime you change posts you go back 2 yards. On the last post everyone is on the 27. Kind of the lazy mans way of doing it.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.