1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info on push cart for trap& sporting clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Jun 23, 2013.

1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I'm kind of in the market for a Rugged gear or something along that line. I'm looking for whichever brand folds into the smallest size for storage. All input appreciated.

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Hi wayne: I have the Rugged gear cart,and it's been great for me.Holds 2 guns,shooting bag and what ever I need. Folds flat,locks in place,and I can carry with one hand.I dont think you could go wrong with one.Good luck with what ever you choose. Ray

3. Senior Duelist

Senior Duelist TS Member

Hi Wayne When Rugged Gear started they purchased jogging strollers as a base for there carts. I got a used Instep jogging stroller from Craiges list with all the bell buttons and whistles. All wheels are removable front break rear wheel locks storage shelf under main body and draw string bag attached to underside of seat.
    Also a storage tray between the main handles. with wheels removed the cart folds quite flat. Just remove the sun top and add a pair of rugged gear gun holders from cyber shamrock and you have a great shooting cart. I used two 3" pvc end caps attached to the foot pad with carriage bolts and foam liner for the barrels to rest in.I built mine for about $70.00 end it will hold gear for two shooters ammo small cooler and jacket or vest or rain gear. Very sturdy 70# of gear.
    Good looking cart to boot. Good luck Ken

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Rugged Gear cart. Save your time and just buy one.

5. Billetproof

Billetproof Active Member

You want to save money, build one from a jogging stroller, $60-80. I built one and used it till I found a new Doall on clearance for $80 and sold mine for $60. Rugged Gear is $230 and up and I don't like the new swiveling front wheel, it is a pain in the behind. You will keep it locked solid 90% of the time. But it's all a personal opinion but I don't see the need to spend that much on a gun cart if I don't have to.

6. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

Cabelas sells a cart also that looks like the rugged unit. I have the rugged and it holds 3 guns and all the crap for 3 guys to shoot no problem.

Dave

7. deadnout

deadnout Member

don't buy the cabelas cart. its a piece of crap. had one and the tires wouldn't hold air. called do-all and they sent 2 tires and tubes. put them on and the sam on. thing. the tube leaked at the seams. again a piece of s@#t. get a rugged gear. rich.

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I took Inplainview's advice ... popped off the wheels and went to a local bike shop and had them install liners between the tubes and the tires.

Theu sed the large bike liners that go around twice ... so far ... no flats!

9. leftex

leftex Active Member

Senior Duelist,

Do the converted strollers fold into a smaller package than the Rugged Gear carts?

Thanks,
    Wayne

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

While discontinued for many years... if you could come upon a RangeBoy cart... these were some of the first ones made for shooting sports... I since added larger pneumatic tires via an axle system made by Skeels... still a great cart off of a golf cart concept...

Jay

11. Senior Duelist

Senior Duelist TS Member

Hi Wayne

I am not sure how flat a rugged gear cart folds down. I do know that the strollers with out the wheels will fold down to about a foot thick and part of that is the gun holders on the handle. The strollers with the fixed front wheel are in my opinion the only way to go. The one thing I like about the instep jogging strollers are all the added features you get. The frame is clear coat aluminum not painted. If you look a while on craiges list you can find a high end instep that has a tray between the upper hand grip for choke tubes and a drink holder.
    Mine has a bottom platform between the wheels which I put my cooler and spares.
    Under the seat there is an attached mesh bag with a draw string for rain jacket or spare storage. The body of the cart holds my shooting bag seven boxes of ammo and two shotguns easily with room to spare. There is a piece of loop material between the handle bar that is part of the basket that I attach a hull bag to for empties.
    If you are handy with tools making your own gun cart can be fun and you can customize it just the way you want.
    Good Luck Ken

Search tags for this page
gun carts for sporting clays
shotgun carts for sporting clays
sporting clay carts
sporting clays cart
sporting clays gun cart

sporting clays push cart

sporting clays shooting cart
sporting clays shotgun cart