1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info on Micro B-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tacoma, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacoma

Tacoma TS Member

Hi, I've got a female friend who is looking to buy a dedicated trap gun. She seems to have done OK with borrowing a BT-99 at the club so is leaning that way.
    She asked my advice about the Micro version and I can find very little in print about it other than the butt stock is downsized in LOP and grip-trigger reach..Can anyone shed light on other differences? Weight difference? Mechanical differences? Any help appreciated,

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I bought one last year for my grandaughter and in comparision to the standard BT 99 I shoot I don't think there's any difference other than the shorter buttstock.

3. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

My Granddaughter bought a micro BT and I think the only difference is her barrel is 30". I had to put a Morgan pad on it to get the comb high enough to fit her better. Larry Evans

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Agree with all of the above. However, all the Micro 99's I've seen don't eject, they extract. Probably wouldn't make any difference to a younger shooter.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's a good idea to have her shoot it before she buys it. HMB

6. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I had both there is a difference the micro is more front heavy... the micro kicks more and if she is shooting the bt 99 well that's what I would sugest for her to shoot In all honesty the micro is about 1 and a half pounds heavier the at bt 99.. it is shorter but the is no advantage to the micro If it is a stock issue cut the stock to fit.

7. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

I see by you sign on name that you are south of me. I have a BT-99 Micro with a 30" barrel that one of the kids on the trap team is shooting. You would be more than welcome to come up and try out the Micro to see if it will work for her.

I think if I had it to do all over I would look for a used BT-99 with a 32" barrel and cut it down and have a recoil device installed.

PM me if she wants to come up for a test drive.

Jim R

8. pigeon101

pigeon101 Active Member

stock dimensions are the big differance. shorter l.o.p and the pistol grip is shorter to the trigger making it alot more comfy for a shorter statured person. You could cut the stock down to fit her, but the grip comfort and trigger finger may not work for the smaller hands. Really something to think about. I shoot a winchester 101 and the grip is really thin, I have built it up with baseball bat tape to make it more comfortable ( i.e palm swell )

Jason in PA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.