1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Info On HIgh End Coolers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Reinz, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinz

Reinz Member

Have heard Rave reveiws on the very expensive Yeti coolers. My Gander Mountain has never put them on sale.

Is there an alternative as good or better for less?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Here is a link to a previous thread on the subject and a youtube link from that thread that is worth watching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U Bill Malcolm

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo and I also wanted to get a good cooler while we at the Grand this year. Did some research and found that Coleman Xtreme will hold ice during the summer heat for nearly 5 full days. They offer various sizes and options (wheels, cup holders, etc). For less that $50, got a great cooler.

4. Reinz

Reinz Member

Thanks Beretta687 for the link, I found that very helpful.

And thank you for your input as well trapwife.

I think I will try to find some of those to look at in person.

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Walmart may have them.

6. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have all Colemans. Just took quartered deer from the freezer that I would estimate was about 80% frozen solid. It came out of the freezer on Sunday morning and they were still about 30% frozen on Friday morning. This was 1200 miles, a low of 30 degrees at night and 60's during the days, then sat in my 55 degree garage for three more days. The coolers were inside a homemade built wooden cargo box, no other type of insulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.