1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info. on Herters shot shell press

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ken@clairton, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken@clairton

Ken@clairton TS Member

I found this Herters shot shell press at a flea market last week, and was wondering if someone knows its age. It’s a Herters model 7-64-N72M.
    This press is built like a tank. It came with 2 old cookie tins filled with extra dies and parts. I have done some research and can find a Super 72, but this one doesn’t have Super on it. Is it older than the Super 72 ? Any info is would be appreciated. Thanks Ken
    kenclairton_2010_260138.jpg

kenclairton_2010_260141.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its like it alot. Can't beat the neat factor of old stuff.

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

The Super 72 had the powder/shot measure on it. I believe they were all marked 72 but the addition made it Super. With out the add ons it sold for $34.95 and with the add on it was $41.95 in 1968. Dies set were $7.95 and the primer conversion kit was $3.79.

The primer kit allow the shooter to use the anvil and battery cup of the old primer and use Speer number 100 primer caps.
    We don't hear that much anymore. Most of the newer shooter never knew we rebuilt our own primers.

If anyone has an old 390 Herters loader, I would be interested?

Ajax

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ajax.. I have one but it's damaged.. Do you need it for parts??? or to use..?? Pretty neat press..Mine I don't think will ever load again.. parts missing.. and something broken..if my memory is correct.. Might have a part you need.. Many years ago..I tried to collect every shotgun shell reloading press in the 1962 reloaders digest.. On E-bay.. I got most of them.. Great piece of history..

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, so happy you are doing better!

About the loader, years ago I had one that worked well and I let it go. I was actually looking for another one that would work and load on it. I have a number of their S27 shotguns and thought it would be nice to load on one of the loaders.

Thanks,
    Jack

6. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

Neat presses- I have one and the original manual for it. If you or anyone else would like a copy of the manual pm me your email address and I'll scan it in the next couple of days.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anvil tins used in shotshell loading

herters m903 shotshell press

herters model 72 shotgun shell reloading press

herters powder shot measure

herters reloading press 72

herters shotgun dies

herters super 72shotgun press