Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need info on Franchi Trap Gun

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  over the hill 
#1 ·
I had one years ago, parts are outrageous, but mild compared to the recoil. Kicks like a Missouri mule.

#3 ·
2005 was a combo model, came with a single barrel, a o/u, and a hard leather case. I had one but couldn't get a good set of release triggers made for it. Made the 27 yard line with it back in 79 Was a good shooter but the forearm had a tendancy to crack. Very dense wood with oil finish. Had a barrel selector on it. Mine was t/f, b/m, s/f. They were made in Italy. They hit the market much like the CG is doing today. Post-2

#4 ·
Thad. There are much better guns suited for trapshooting that won't break the bank. A Beretta 682 O/U, or a Remington 3200, can be had very reasonable and would be a much better choice. Just my opinion. Dan Thome (Trap2)

#6 ·
Wheelchairshooter you are getting some real good advice. There are so many better guns to pick from. I've never spoken to anyone who shot one regularly that didn't have things breaking all the time, mostly parts you can't buy without a long wait it at all. I must admit that some of them really feel nice but the downside is huge..

#7 ·
I had a 30" OU. Bought it new when they first came out.

Recoil was excessive and I had problems with the top lever moving left of center after 200 rounds or so. It would then jam the firing pin.

Sold mine soon after.

Liked the 530 gas auto better but it had problems as well.

Id take the above advise and pass on this one.

Regards....Gerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.