1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED****INFO***ON***DOWNRANGE***WADS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hounddog41@charter.net, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Trying Downrange wads the blue 11/8's. where do I find reloading info? Im loading 17.5 grains of 700X, fiocchi primer, AA hull only tried two boxes so far. Would like to try 18 grains but dont want to get too much PSI thanks for any help> alex Kotter

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Us Win AA wad data or the CB clone. BRGII

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Do not use downrange wads with the new style Winchester AA hulls.
    The AA hulls have a sleeve in the bottom of the hull and the downrange wads will not seat inside that sleeve because they are .010 on the diameter bigger than the opening of the sleeve. The downrange wads work well with Remington hulls of all kinds.

Kevin

4. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

KEVIN, I have been using the downrange wads for two years know with all of my AA hulls with no problems at all. Where did you get your information ?? TIM

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I've been using DR-XL1 wads in AA hulls for 2 years with NO problems. I just bought a case of DRA-12 wads, and I intend to use those in AA hulls as well. I think Downrange wads are a great product.

6. TCFelty

TCFelty Member

goose2.....You can get them from The Scattergun Store....The man's name is Matt Woodson....270-804-5454....Western Ky......or try there website for a dealer near you....Tim

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

TCFelty, thanks for the help. Downrange is a great product! I sell them all. I also load them and shoot them! I am not a component pusher, I am a shooter. I sell and carry Downrange wads... because they are the best! houndog, give me an email or call and I can help you with a load! bucko43, sounds like you are having problems? Give me a call or email, and I will help. If I don't have the answer, I will get it for you factory direct.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    "The Scattergun Store"
    (270) 804-5454

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

goose2, I forgot in previous post! Sorry! I will sell you all you want. I ship by bag, 1000, case, or pallet. Give me a buzz!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    "The Scattergun Store"
    (270) 804-5454

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Alliant actually now has loading data for downrange wads.....part of which at the above website addy...

10. psfive

psfive Member

Thousands and thouusands and thousands of the Downrange wads made for AA hulls have have been stuffed down into AA hulls by me with no ill effects.
    Paul Leeper

11. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I use three different Downrange wads in AA hulls and have never experienced problem one. I us the 1 1/8oz. Windjammer RPL, the 1oz. Jammer XL 1 and their new DRA-12 which is a direct replacement for the WAA12SL. They all work great in both the Red and Gray hulls. I've loaded thousands with complete success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.