1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Info On Browning 22 Auto

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have two old Browning 22 autoloading Rifles and was wondering where I could find the date of manufacture. One has the serial number 5T24255 stamped on the barrel, nothing on the reciever. Other is serial number 24083T37 stamped in really small numbers onthe right side of reciever near the top. Both are Belgium made and am unable to get any good dates of manufacture.

Thanks for any help, GneJ.

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

From the research that I did, it looks like the first gun is 1965. The second gun is not so easy. I did find that early Japanese guns sometimes reversed the year in the serial number, but these started in 1974, (xxxxT47) Using that info, your gun might be a 1973, that was assembled in Japan with left over Belgium parts? That serial number follows the later method of dating. (see link) Mark

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark, I'll check it out.

GneJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.